Death Note (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:Confession time:
I hated the protagonist of Deathnote so much that I almost couldn't stand finishing the story. And that finale... One time where I'd prefer the good side would've won in fiction.
I think the anime is a piece of shit too

I don't like the casting of Light here but otherwise the trailer was great imo

Lighting, visuals, and the other casting choices look great and most of all I love that it's not following the pseudo edgy teenager bullshit route that was the anime

antovolk wrote:
This looks really interesting

These trailers are fucking good but I shall not give in to high expectations. Ghost in the Shell looked to be on point too.£

Master Virgo wrote:These trailers are fucking good but I shall not give in to high expectations. Ghost in the Shell looked to be on point too.£
Are they?

They are. Stylistically it looks really good and it feels like Netflix has spend a lot of money on this.

The enigma here is WIngard. He's very hit and miss. I loved The Guest, dug You're Next and his shorts but Blair Witch was fucking terrible.

They seem to have butchered the most interesting character, though. And I disagree about looking stylistically interesting too - the chases, explosions and stravaganza scream "generic hollywood" to me, which I'd probably tolerate if the source material wasn't pretty much a quiet, if admittedly highly stilized (though truly unique), cat and mouse game.

Know nothing about the source material, but to me this trailer definitely got my interest. The villain looks super weird and could easily not work for me, but it's too early to say. Also solid song choice.

Sanchez wrote:Know nothing about the source material, but to me this trailer definitely got my interest. The villain looks super weird and could easily not work for me, but it's too early to say. Also solid song choice.
Wait. Who do you think the villain is? And why do you think he's a villain in the first place?

Other than that...
Death Note doesn't really have a villain. Which is the fantastic thing about it.