The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Deadline broke the story about Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci being hired on for the Amazing Spider-Man sequel. The pair will rework a previous draft penned by ASM co-writer James Vanderbilt, so as to ensure that production on the film is ready to get underway by the early portion of 2013 – with the intention of making a May 2014 release date previously set for the next chapter in the “untold story” of Peter Parker.

Amazing Spider-Man players Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are already in place to reprise their parts as Peter Parker and Gwen Stacy, respectively, in future 3D installments of the web-slinger’s rebooted saga. Director Marc Webb has seemed open to the idea of coming back for future Spidey films, but his return will almost certainly depend in part on ASM‘s critical reception (and financial returns).

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 remains scheduled to arrive in U.S. theaters on May 2nd, 2014.

I keep forgetting TAS even exists with all the hype about Avengers and TDKR, never mind thinking about a sequel at this point.

Oh and BTW... don't those screenwriters suck?

Well, they have more hits than misses so far. :think:

The first hasn't even been released yet, and they're straight out with this? Give me a break, why is everything one big rush?
Last edited by Mason on April 24th, 2012, 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mason wrote:The first hasn't even been released yet, and they're straight out with this? Give me a break, why is everything on big rush?
I agree. That's not a good sign for this Spider-man series.

Two years from now is a 'rush'? Most sequels come out two years after the last film.
Last edited by SilverHeart on April 24th, 2012, 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilverHeart wrote:Two years from now is a 'rush'?
Sigh.

Just the studio ensuring that they have projects in the pipeline.

villains?

i always liked the scorpion as a kid. purely from the aesthetic point of view