Foxcatcher (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
No release date yet?

my concern isn't the make up but whether the guy's body language ends up looking as an obvious result of the limitations of the prosthetics and less like actual acting choices

11072014 wrote:No release date yet?
Nope, but according to Ruffalo the movie might go to Cannes this year.

Uh, what was that about? Reposting the old trailer?

Bennett Miller‘s Foxcatcher was previously set for a 2013 release, but it was delayed to give Miller more time to work on the movie. I’m sure it didn’t hurt that the film was able to escape 2013′s highly-competitive awards season. The question then became when we would see it in 2014. The film tells the true story of Olympic Wrestling Champion brothers Mark Schultz (Channing Tatum) and Dave Schultz (Mark Ruffalo), and their relationship with eccentric millionaire John du Pont (Steve Carell). A trailer was briefly online last fall, and made the film look excellent, especially Carell’s performance.
According to Hitfix, the audience lucky enough to get a first look at the feature will be those who attend this year’s Cannes Film Festival. It’s a bit of a surprise/personal disappointment since Miller’s previous two films, Capote and Moneyball (which were both nominated for Best Picture), premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival. Although Foxcatcher hasn’t been officially announced for Cannes, I trust Hitfix’s reporting, and I’ll just have to wait patiently for the movie to premiere stateside. The full Cannes line-up will be announced on April 17th.
Source

Since the movie is going to go to Cannes:
I'm really excited and nervious at the same time. Miller's previous movies have been acclaimed by American critics, but how will international press treat the film? Critics at Cannes can be much mooooore harsh and hyperbolic than the American ones.

theseeker9175 wrote:Since the movie is going to go to Cannes:
I'm really excited and nervious at the same time. Miller's previous movies have been acclaimed by American critics, but how will international press treat the film? Critics at Cannes can be much mooooore harsh and hyperbolic than the American ones.
Relax. I'm confident this will be a masterpiece.

Allstar wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:Since the movie is going to go to Cannes:
Relax. I'm confident this will be a masterpiece.

11072014 wrote:No release date yet?
November 14th

So after Cannes, I'm betting it goes to Telluride and Toronto to build steam into awards season.