Foxcatcher (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
theseeker9175 wrote:Megan Ellison @meganeellison 45min
@indiewire don't forget Spike Jonze's Her and I wouldn't underestimate Channing Tatum in Foxcatcher...
What a awards whore. :facepalm: :crazy:

Allstar wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:Megan Ellison @meganeellison 45min
@indiewire don't forget Spike Jonze's Her and I wouldn't underestimate Channing Tatum in Foxcatcher...
What a awards whore. :facepalm: :crazy:
No, that's for Weinstein. Girl's saving cinema

theseeker9175 wrote:Where will Bennett Miller's 'Foxcatcher' end up?

Two options:
-Columbia pass the movie to Sony Pictures Classics and still gets the 2013 release date.
-Columbia shuffles the release date to 2014.
I was actually hoping for Fox Search light to pick this up, they always have great award season promotions for movies of this caliber.

Dodd wrote:

Two options:
-Columbia pass the movie to Sony Pictures Classics and still gets the 2013 release date.
I was actually hoping for Fox Search light to pick this up, they always have great award season promotions for movies of this caliber.
Sony has had the distribution rights since the beginning and plus, Ellison and Miller has worked mostly with them.

theseeker9175 wrote:
Dodd wrote:

Two options:
Sony has had the distribution rights since the beginning and plus, Ellison and Miller has worked mostly with them.
Oh I see, didn't know that. Regardless, I'm really hoping for a 2013 release.

Dodd wrote: Oh I see, didn't know that. Regardless, I'm really hoping for a 2013 release.
Me too, this unusual cast in the hands of Miller and the story sounds promising. Let's hope it doesn't end being a turd.

FOXCATCHER to be released December 20. Sony Pictures Classics will distribute.
Glad we finally have a release date; certainly intrigued by this.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
That's why Jeff Sneider said that SPC wouldn't destine all their movie for campaigning Blue Jasmine, I guess.
I give to Kris Tapley props for saying in advance the studio shift. And yay for Foxcatcher getting a release date, finally. I was starting to worry about the movie being not so good and receiving a Spring release (which is normally the graveyard for failed prestige stuff).

theseeker9175 wrote:
Dream-Xtractor wrote:
That's why Jeff Sneider said that SPC wouldn't destine all their movie for campaigning Blue Jasmine, I guess.
I give to Kris Tapley props for saying in advance the studio shift. And yay for Foxcatcher getting a release date, finally. I was starting to worry about the movie being not so good and receiving a Spring release (which is normally the graveyard for failed prestige stuff).
With Bennett's success with his actors I'm looking forward to seeing what Carell has in store for us. And Tatum as well.