Edge of Tomorrow (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
darthnazgul wrote:
m4st4 wrote::lol: I still don't get what's so bad about the title though. Is it the way it sounds in native language? Because to me it sounds perfectly solid. And by constantly repeating LIVE. DIE. REPEAT. (Cruise/Blunt) they turned Sauron's eye on the (supposed) matter, instead of just shutting their facebook/twitter pie holes.
Well, it does kind of make more sense than Edge of Tomorrow, although I love the original's title more; All You Need is Kill.
Live. Die. Repeat. sounds just as generic, only lacks emotional side of the story. It sounds more brutal than the actual theme of the movie, which is trying to (finally) see that unreachable goal called Tomorrow - as in better tomorrow, characters' tomorrow etc. It's so close to Cruise's character and yet so far, almost utopistic, therefore the edge of it. Between two generic sf titles, I'd choose that one and, frankly, never mention that it bothers me (aka my marketing team) post-premiere, instead of switching the idea mid-promotion.

On your feet, maggot!

Finally watched this. A really well-balanced action film yo. Tom Cruise can still get it. Blunt seriously has range for days.

the_red_ninja wrote:On your feet, maggot!

Finally watched this. A really well-balanced action film yo. Tom Cruise can still get it. Blunt seriously has range for days.
A little late, to the party lol.

They snuck another one in. Sneaky! :clap:
;) :lol:

Finished watching the Blu-ray a little while ago, and it's just as good the second time around. Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt are so great in it, and the editing is pretty incredible. Probably my favorite blockbuster from 2014 right alongside Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.