HBO's Girls

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allison Williams is too hot

I take back anything bad I said in the past about Adam Driver. This season he has proved himself to be an amazing actor. I think he will transition to the big screen great. :thumbup:

Sorry Adam!

Dodd wrote:I take back anything bad I said in the past about Adam Driver. This season he has proved himself to be an amazing actor. I think he will transition to the big screen great. :thumbup:

Sorry Adam!
Yeah, yeah, yeah... 8-) ;)

I got 10 minutes into episode 1 of the new season and I shut it down. I just feel so upset watching this fucking show; there's nothing appealing about it and every character has so many forced flaws that any redeeming qualities seem completely nonexistent.

fuck this

Cilogy wrote:I got 10 minutes into episode 1 of the new season and I shut it down. I just feel so upset watching this fucking show; there's nothing appealing about it and every character has so many forced flaws that any redeeming qualities seem completely nonexistent.

fuck this
I wanted to do the same thing, ep 1 was uncomfortable. But the season get a lot better. Stick with it.

Cilogy wrote:I got 10 minutes into episode 1 of the new season and I shut it down. I just feel so upset watching this fucking show; there's nothing appealing about it and every character has so many forced flaws that any redeeming qualities seem completely nonexistent.

fuck this
There's something fascinating to me about the unlikeable nature of the show's characters. Particularly the way they're handling Marnie this season.
Did you find anything redeeming in seasons 1 or 2?

Well, I'm caught up on all episodes, and I have to admit that I liked it more than I thought I would. The feeling that the "realism" is forced is still firmly there, and I can't shake it, but actually do enjoy watching it.

In a weird way, the show sort of captures something about my generation. What's funny is that I think I know people who are like this, and I despise all of them. I can't relate to any of these kinds of people in real life because they seem to be just wandering from day to day and basing nearly every decision on their feelings at any given time. They're immature, selfish, entitled, completely clueless, and have almost no solid ambitions in life, but this show manages to encapsulate that really well. It's troubling, yet entertaining at the same time.

Also, Adam Driver's performance is consistently intriguing and great.

fuck this
LATER, AT CILY'S:
Cilogy wrote:Well, I'm caught up on all episodes, and I have to admit that I liked it more than I thought I would. The feeling that the "realism" is forced is still firmly there, and I can't shake it, but actually do enjoy watching it.

In a weird way, the show sort of captures something about my generation. What's funny is that I think I know people who are like this, and I despise all of them. I can't relate to any of these kinds of people in real life because they seem to be just wandering from day to day and basing nearly every decision on their feelings at any given time. They're immature, selfish, entitled, completely clueless, and have almost no solid ambitions in life, but this show manages to encapsulate that really well. It's troubling, yet entertaining at the same time.

Also, Adam Driver's performance is consistently intriguing and great.
That was a nice development. :D

yeah

i should probably stop being such a cynical ass about everything

Cilogy wrote:yeah

i should probably stop being such a cynical ass about everything
Never stop being yourself, even if it's a cynical ass. At least you're not one of those characters. ;)