American Hustle (2013)

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
Oh so Bale was playing the FBI Agent? Good thing he's out then. The con man is a much better role.

TalkOnCorners wrote:Oh so Bale was playing the FBI Agent? Good thing he's out then. The con man is a much better role.
I was disappointed when I heard Bale dropped no offense to Renner just Bale is one of my favorite actors, I thought this sounded great but yeah the Cooper role does sound a lot better on paper and you read the script as well. I just wanted another new Bale film to look forward to outside of Out of The Furnace. This is a good move for Renner though he needs to start straying away from the blockbusters and I can tell from recent interviews that is exactly his intent.

We should probably change the thread title then.

renner??? :sick:

Allstar wrote:
TalkOnCorners wrote:Oh so Bale was playing the FBI Agent? Good thing he's out then. The con man is a much better role.
I was disappointed when I heard Bale dropped no offense to Renner just Bale is one of my favorite actors, I thought this sounded great but yeah the Cooper role does sound a lot better on paper and you read the script as well. I just wanted another new Bale film to look forward to outside of Out of The Furnace. This is a good move for Renner though he needs to start straying away from the blockbusters and I can tell from recent interviews that is exactly his intent.
Well if it's any consolation, Bale now has free time to pursue another (hopefully better) project. :thumbup: It's definitely a blessing that Bale dropped out if the role was the FBI agent. It's just another quiet role to support a flashier one (the con man).

Allstar wrote:This is a good move for Renner though he needs to start straying away from the blockbusters and I can tell from recent interviews that is exactly his intent.
I'd have to agree. He doesn't seem has comfortable in these big blockbuster roles.

TalkOnCorners wrote:Well if it's any consolation, Bale now has free time to pursue another (hopefully better) project. :thumbup: It's definitely a blessing that Bale dropped out if the role was the FBI agent. It's just another quiet role to support a flashier one (the con man).
Yeah, he has already done that a few times. Good decision by him to back out. :thumbup:

Small but very sexy role for Amy. :thumbup:

I always wanted to see Bradley in some sort of political-ish based film. This is going to be sweet. David must have seen something in him in Silver-Linings Playbook :thumbup: :thumbup:

suck it haters :lol: