Batman: The Dark Knight Returns animated movie

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The trailer spells "Knight" wrong on at the end. :shock: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

I just ordered this comic actually, can't wait to read it. The only thing that bothers me is that Batman is large, hulking, and... a little grotesque looking. Oh well, the storyline is fantastic either way.

DesertTurtle wrote:I just ordered this comic actually, can't wait to read it. The only thing that bothers me is that Batman is large, hulking, and... a little grotesque looking. Oh well, the storyline is fantastic either way.
You've never read this?! :shock:

The art is bad, IMHO, but the story makes up for it. The story is brilliant, and the dialogue is great as well.

This isn't a mud-pile. This is an operating table. And I'm the surgeon.
Something tells me to stop with the leg. I don't listen to it.

Bacon wrote:The art is bad, IMHO,
No.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

The trailer seems to take a childish direction with the incredibly dark and often disturbing tone/atmosphere/art. I'm not sure if they didn't have the budget for better, but right now it pretty much resembles a kid's show with a dark story.

-Vader

ArmandFancypants wrote:
Bacon wrote:The art is bad, IMHO,
No.
Some panels look great (mainly the splash pages) but overall I wasn't impressed. A lot of the drawings looked like it was the rough draft/sketch of the panel instead of the final piece of art. It just wasn't good IMO.

And the "DARK NIGHT RETURNS" is starting to piss me off.

You know, there's a difference between bad and unique. TDK Returns art is certainly memorable with its shadey overtones and rough sketches - it's what you call a classic nowadays.

It's rough around the edges seemingly unappealing art at first forces the reader into the mental and emotional state of the characters, and to the decrepit state of Gotham.

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:It's rough around the edges seemingly unappealing art at first forces the reader into the mental and emotional state of the characters, and to the decrepit state of Gotham.

-Vader
It's also like saying Picasso looks like s***.

I'm not entirely into the art of the comic but it served the story, made things appear more striking. The mutants in that trailer weren't even remotely as imposing as they were in the comic.
Do you... like pineapple?