Batman: The Dark Knight Returns animated movie

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Any other links to the sneak peek? That aren't blocked by WB?

Bacon wrote:Any other links to the sneak peek? That aren't blocked by WB?

Enjoy it while it lasts. ;)

Thanks a LOT man.

SilverHeart wrote:Image
Looking good and unlike anything that Frank Miller ever draw.

Hopefully it's not as bad as the Batman: Year One adaptation.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:Hopefully it's not as bad as the Batman: Year One adaptation.
That was awful. Red Hood was okay (3/5) and this... Dunno. TDKReturns is such a magnificent, daring comic book piece, I'm not sure they can handle it right. I mean, they have to aim at kids with these DVDs and Blu-rays right? So, a somewhat toned down violence, mature substance and larger than life themes... I don't see those in direct to DVD animated forms, I go and see a Christopher Nolan film.

m4st4 wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Hopefully it's not as bad as the Batman: Year One adaptation.
That was awful. Red Hood was okay (3/5) and this... Dunno. TDKReturns is such a magnificent, daring comic book piece, I'm not sure they can handle it right. I mean, they have to aim at kids with these DVDs and Blu-rays right? So, a somewhat toned down violence, mature substance and larger than life themes... I don't see those in direct to DVD animated forms, I go and see a Christopher Nolan film.
Critics liked Year One, and so did I. Red Hood was fantastic. And they don't aim at kids. Have you seen Red Hood? Yeesh. Not for kids.
B-E-A-UTIFUL

Bacon wrote:
m4st4 wrote:
Critics liked Year One, and so did I. Red Hood was fantastic. And they don't aim at kids. Have you seen Red Hood? Yeesh. Not for kids.
B-E-A-UTIFUL
It still tends to loose that 'edge' from the source material. I don't know. Maybe it's all about animation quality. At some points it shines but in general, not a fan. Fingers (still) crossed for this one!