The Better Franchise (Alien vs Terminator)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Which pair is better?

Alien & Aliens
41%
Terminator & Terminator 2
41%
Tie
18%

Total votes: 17

Alien/Aliens (vs) Terminator/Terminator 2

Just focusing on the first two of each franchise.

-------------------
I personally would go with the Terminator, just by a small degree. I also think the first of each franchise is the best and most artistically impressive.
Last edited by MiracleSleeper on March 12th, 2012, 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh damn, this is difficult. I'd have to go with the Alien franchise, despite the awful fourth entry, and the two other abominations to come after that (although not directly linked).

But yeah, the first three alone are enough to secure it.

Terminator for sure. Simply more up my alley.

Mason wrote:Oh damn, this is difficult. I'd have to go with the Alien franchise, despite the awful fourth entry, and the two other abominations to come after that (although not directly linked).

Well, my question was just on the first two movies, because as we all know... the rest don't count. ;)

The Terminator - 9.5/10
Terminator 2: Judgment Day - 9.5/10

Alien - 9.2/10
Aliens - 8.7/10

Cameron rises.

MiracleSleeper wrote:
Mason wrote:Oh damn, this is difficult. I'd have to go with the Alien franchise, despite the awful fourth entry, and the two other abominations to come after that (although not directly linked).

Well, my question was just on the first two movies, because as we all know... the rest don't count. ;)
Yeah, misread the whole thing.

I'm still happy with my choices. I'd say I enjoy the Terminator films more, but I feel the Alien films are of a higher quality. That's just the way I approach it.

Cameron made the best sequel ever.
He also made the films T1 and T2.
Clearly Cameron wins.

Mason wrote: I'm still happy with my choices. I'd say I enjoy the Terminator films more, but I feel the Alien films are of a higher quality. That's just the way I approach it.
I definitely get what you mean.

I accidentally put tie. But I feel like I love Aliens, Alien and Terminator 2 equally. Actually I thing T2 might be the winner but that's besides the point. I love them all.
Do you... like pineapple?

I'd say tie. :modesty: Two of my favorite SciFi franchises of all time (I count only Alien/Aliens/Alien3 and T1/T2), definitely 50-50!