Transcendence (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

starting to get worried about this to be honest.

Allstar wrote:starting to get worried about this to be honest.
The same :?

Any particular reason why?

DoubleD wrote:
Absolutely no press/marketing. Sorta shows lack of confidence from the studio.

I keep forgetting about this :?
Get your shit together Wally.

Bacon wrote:
DoubleD wrote:
Absolutely no press/marketing. Sorta shows lack of confidence from the studio.
There's still four and a half months before it's release date. There's a trailer rumored to be with The Hobbit, and if that's true, I'm sure there'll be a big marketing push not to long after that. After all, it is a Johnny Depp film.

DoubleD wrote: There's still four and a half months before it's release date. There's a trailer rumored to be with The Hobbit, and if that's true, I'm sure there'll be a big marketing push not to long after that. After all, it is a Johnny Depp film.
I hope there is a trailer with The Hobbit....really want to get a glimpse of Wally's vision.

We've gotten about 2 official photos so far, and we've got a rumored trailer attached to The Hobbit. We may even get a poster some time this week, along with Interstellar. They're gonna be using Johnny Depp as a marketing tool right to the max.

apw
5 minutes of footage shown at Rome Film Festival
Just saw five minutes of Transcendence here in Sorrento. Amazing, ambitious and visionary. Johnny Depp and 'back. April 17 in the auditorium.
https://twitter.com/ciakmag/statuses/407841996259463168
  After an introduction filmed by Pfister matches the images. Depp in shape. Transcendence already 'cult @ 01Distribution
https://twitter.com/ciakmag/statuses/407846595225739264

Another description - I'll put this in spoiler tags
In the clip we follow the adventures of Dr. Coster who, after taking a sort of Ted Talk, is hit in the chest by a weapon to radiation. Is given up, but rescued by his partner ( Rebecca Hall ), also a researcher, who along with a colleague ( Paul Bettany ) manages to bring together the synapses of the boyfriend on a computer, through which the scientist returns to communicate with the ' outside. But is it really him? That is, how much of human survive in him, once that artificial intelligence will begin to expand? And until this intelligence to aim well and to be at the service of the people (in the clip resurrected the doctor gives sight to a blind person)? These are the questions, also interesting that arises Pfister, although the long clip we sense that the film wants to stir to action dystopian sci-fi spectacular, with a Depp / Coster returning in the flesh, but of course loses control and seems to be expanding his sights to less noble purposes.
http://www.bestmovie.it/news/giornate-p ... ce/265358/