Transcendence (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
kor
Amelia wrote:
ControlYourFace wrote:Pretty sure Cillian's playing
Lance
If he's with Kate Mara at a university, then yes, almost certainly,
as Lance shoots Will during a university lecture, at which Bree (Mara) is also in attendance.
So, where's P. Bettany as the one who spots the riffle on the auditorium and pushes Will away?

Wow decided to read the script (I'm at page 44)
I found the movie premise a little dumb, but wow this script is a real page turner

light spoilers on how I feel about the characters
I love Rebecca Hall's character, easily my favorite on the page, the character is such a perfect fit for her
I'm happy Waltz passed on the Joseph character, Morgan Freeman will likely play a Lucius Fox again in this movie with this role
Don't feel anything about Bettany's Max on the page for now
and yeah, I think Cillian plays Lance and he seems a good fit with a couple of good monologues
Don't click on this if you want to stay in the dark about this movie
for Depp I'm wondering if he's going to be the entire time as an avatar in a computer, I'm really looking forward of how they will portray his POV as a machine
Overall, it looks ambitious in scope and ideas, I really can't wait to finish the script
Wally's very lucky to start his directing career with a project like this

Sum1 get me dat scrip

edit: nvm
Sigs???

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Sum1 get me dat scrip

noob

the_red_ninja wrote:
TehBatGetsBraked wrote:Sum1 get me dat scrip

noob
ur mom

oOoOoOoo
Sigs???

kor
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
I love Rebecca Hall's character, easily my favorite on the page, the character is such a perfect fit for her
I'm happy Waltz passed on the Joseph character, Morgan Freeman will likely play a Lucius Fox again in this movie with this role
and yeah, I think Cillian plays Lance and he seems a good fit with a couple of good monologues
for Depp I'm wondering if he's going to be the entire time as an avatar in a computer, I'm really looking forward of how they will portray his POV as a machine
By far now, Hall's character is the most interesting character in the movie. In fact, the movie is about her, about overcome death of the closest person about letting go. If Wally focus on this and the singularity and all tech-geek stuff lands in the background it will be really good movie.

As for Joseph character I would prefer not so well known actor, I don't know. But it is safe to assume that Freeman will deliver. You don't feel for Max now, wait for page 80 or so :) Cillain will be perfect as Lance, there's no doubt, but this role reminds me of his character in 'In Time'.

I'm also curious how they portrait Will after his transfer into machine. Especially in third act, where his powers grows and he bocomes god-powerful.

kor wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
By far now, Hall's character is the most interesting character in the movie. In fact, the movie is about her, about overcome death of the closest person about letting go. If Wally focus on this and the singularity and all tech-geek stuff lands in the background it will be really good movie.

As for Joseph character I would prefer not so well known actor, I don't know. But it is safe to assume that Freeman will deliver. You don't feel for Max now, wait for page 80 or so :) Cillain will be perfect as Lance, there's no doubt, but this role reminds me of his character in 'In Time'.

I'm also curious how they portrait Will after his transfer into machine. Especially in third act, where his powers grows and he bocomes god-powerful.
Nice to see you again ; )

Interesting thoughts.