Loading...
All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!

Analysing Kubrick's Works

Posts: 18356
This desperately needs its own thread. This guy analyses Kubrick's works, in depth, to such an extent that I learned more about these films that I've loved for years than I ever have. Please watch them if you're a fan, or if such things interest you.

Please note that they are a little mixed up due to the upload dates, but if you check out the YouTube channel, it'll be easier to navigate.

Three or four videos won't embed either.





























Posts: 11885
yes
Posts: 11427
Location: I think we just found a leanformer.
Posts: 31686
My new bed place.
Posts: 18356
solo2001 wrote:kind of already a thread? viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6627


Nope. That thread is focused on The Shining. This thread is open to discuss all of Kubrick's work in depth, like the videos.
Posts: 31686
Mason wrote:
solo2001 wrote:kind of already a thread? viewtopic.php?f=17&t=6627


Nope. That thread is focused on The Shining. This thread is open to discuss all of Kubrick's work in depth, like the videos.


Image

Cheers everyone!
Posts: 12471
Location: The White City
I certainly agree with elements of his analysis of 2001, many of which hadn't occurred to me, but he seems to get lost in his own ideas and take them slightly too literally, ignoring a massive portion of what the film definitely seems to be saying to many.

Anyone agree?


-Vader
Posts: 16219
Location: Bucharest
Vader182 wrote:I certainly agree with elements of his analysis of 2001, many of which hadn't occurred to me, but he seems to get lost in his own ideas and take them slightly too literally, ignoring a massive portion of what the film definitely seems to be saying to many.

Anyone agree?


-Vader


lol

Why would he care about a general consensus or about a general perception of the audience on some movie's meaning when he does his homework better than 99% of us? Are you envious of this guy?
Posts: 12471
Location: The White City
RIFA wrote:
Vader182 wrote:I certainly agree with elements of his analysis of 2001, many of which hadn't occurred to me, but he seems to get lost in his own ideas and take them slightly too literally, ignoring a massive portion of what the film definitely seems to be saying to many.

Anyone agree?


-Vader


lol

Why would he care about a general consensus or about a general perception of the audience on some movie's meaning when he does his homework better than 99% of us? Are you envious of this guy?


I didn't say he does, or should care, just that he seems to be ignoring a lot of what seems fairly obvious to myself and others in terms of some of what the film's trying to do thematically.


-Vader
Posts: 16219
Location: Bucharest
Vader182 wrote:I didn't say he does, or should care, just that he seems to be ignoring a lot of what seems fairly obvious to myself and others in terms of some of what the film's trying to do thematically.


-Vader


I pretty much agree with this guy because he brings arguments and facts on the table. After I gave his insights some thought I realized that some of the things I thought I knew about Kubrick's movies were simple assumptions and not obvious facts.

The things that are obvious are widely known, however, when you have someone pointing out some facts that you didn't know jack about then I won't be surprised if the obvious would become an example of me being wrong about something.

I founded myself sometimes in the situation where something that seemed obvious to me was in fact a huge error.
Next page →
← Return to Entertainment
Who is online