Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Chris Evans is Captain America

And Hugo Weaving is Red skull

What do u guys think?

I don't really care for the guy, but I'll have a final judgment when the trailer or production stills come out.

I think Hugo Weaving is a thoroughly safe choice. I also think Evans is a good actor who deserves to be in some better roles (possibly like this).

But, I don't really have an interest in this character. Besides, after seeing that last few butcher jobs by Joe Johnston I don't have much to look forward to with The First Avenger: Captain America (horrible title).

I kind of wanted to see Chris Pine in the role.
If they made this Captain America movie back when Aaron Eckhart was younger, he would have been perfect for the role. He has the look.

I don't really interested in this movie. Mainly because I don't know the comics at all, but I can imagine that in America it's far more popular (of course, because its title is "Captain America" :D).

Chris Evans, well... other than Fantastic Four I can't remember a movie with Evans in it. And in my eyes he's that "nice guy - dull actor" kinda guy, so... casting him didn't get my attention either. But I like Hugo Weaving very much, he has a characteristic and menacing face, so he can be good as a villain :D

I don't really interested in this movie.
Well, umm...I that a interested sentence.

chee wrote:
I don't really interested in this movie.
Well, umm...I that a interested sentence.
Gosh, sorry :D My English teacher would kill me if she saw this :D So what I meant was that I'm not really interested in the movie :D :oops:

Chris Evans in the Captain America costume:

For fans of superhero movies, the most patriotic holiday on next year’s calendar won’t fall on July 4th, but exactly 18 days later. That’s when Paramount Pictures will release Captain America: The First Avenger, a big budget adaptation of the Marvel Comics shield-baring super-soldier. The new issue of Entertainment Weekly offers your first look at star Chris Evans in the hero’s red, white and blue threads — but you can get a peek at the man in uniform right here, right now.

Our story also brings you to the set of the London-based production, directed by Joe Johnston (The Wolfman, October Sky). During a break in shooting, Evans — on his second tour of Marvel duty, having played the Human Torch in Fox’s Fantastic Four films — explained he was reluctant to accept the call of Captain America, in part because he had already portrayed a Marvel-ous mystery man. Of course, he also worried about the potential cost of failure, but he also worried the potential cost of fame should the movie be a hit.

“At the time, I remember telling a buddy of mine, ‘If the movie bombs, I’m f—-ed. If the movie hits, I’m f—-ed!’” After declining the part three times, Evans took a meeting with Marvel execs and Johnston and was dazzled by their plans for the movie. He still felt wary about suiting up for Captain America — but then he had an epiphany. “I was just scared,” he says. “I realized my whole decision making process was fear based, and you never want to make a decision out of fear.’” Evans signed a six-picture deal with Marvel to play the character, and he has no regrets: “I can’t believe was almost too chicken to play Captain America.”

The movie — which also serves to set up Marvel’s 2012 superhero team-up, The Avengers -- hews closely to Captain America’s WWII-era origins. The year is 1942, and Steve Rogers is a scrawny lad who desperately wants to fight Nazis for his country but can’t because he’s been deemed physically unfit. His fate — and his physique — is radically transformed when he signs up for Project: Rebirth, a secret military operation that turns wimps into studs using drugs and assorted sci-fi hoo-ha. There’s a love interest (Major Peggy Carter, played Haley Atwell), there’s a sidekick (Bucky Barnes, played by Sebastian Stans), and there’s the Red Skull (Hugo Weaving), Hitler’s treacherous head of advanced weaponry, whose own plan for world domination involves a magical object known as The Tesseract (comic fans know it better as The Cosmic Cube). “The interesting thing about this character is that he’s an everyman who in the course of a few minutes become a perfect human specimen. That has to create some interesting personal issues,” says Johnston. “I saw it as an opportunity to make a superhero movie that felt real, that didn’t have to rely on an overabundance of fantasy elements.”

For more on Captain America, check out the new issue of Entertainment Weekly, on sale Oct. 29.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/10/28/capta ... s-evans-2/
Eh, not really excited for this movie but since nothing else looks all that good next year I guess I'll see it.

I'm guessing that's the World War 2 costume.. Looking good. Even the hairstyle seems authentic!
Here are some set photos that came out earlier this year.
http://screenrant.com/chris-evans-hayle ... rob-79984/
Evans looks pretty buff - he certainly seems to have nailed the physique of Captain America. Whether he has the chops to play the leader of the Avengers remains to be seen.