85th Academy Awards: 2013

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
DoubleD wrote:
Mason wrote:The Dark Knight Rises won't win anything big. It'll win some small awards, but that's it.
Yea nothing big. But I would love for it to at least get nominated for several big awards. Hopefully Nolan for Best Director.
Doubt it. The Coens have a movie coming out this year and they'll get a best director nom again over him. The academy loves the Coens even though they weren't loved by any other award shows in 2010.

Skanks!

2012 looks so awesome.

Get another host for the Oscars, make it more exciting, and get Christopher Nolan in the Theater.

It will be 10x better than the shit that just passed by.

RIFA wrote:2012 looks so awesome.

Get another host for the Oscars, make it more exciting, and get Christopher Nolan in the Theater.

It will be 10x better than the shit that just passed by.
I'll actually watch next years Oscar's. So many good movies coming out. There will actually people and movies I care about nominated so it will make me watch.

Didn't watch last night, such an awful lineup all around.

I don't really care for the Oscars as much after yesterday. That said, I expect Lincoln and The Master (Paul Thomas Anderson film starring Philip Seymour Hoffman and Joaquin Phoenix) to vie for Best Picture. These are two films I'm looking forward to the most this year outside of TDKR. If neither of these films win, then I will be upset.

I think this will be a strong year for Leo, since Tarantino illicits strong performances from his actors. I'm really looking forward to what he does and whether the Academy will nut up, shut up, and give him an award.

This will be one of the most exciting years for movies in our generation. The plethora of films coming out are just too big, too cool, and too promising to spend only a short amount of time determining who the next nominees will be.

The Oscars next year will be really interesting, the show might even redeem itself from last night's bullshit.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

CaliKid329 wrote:TDKR with a clean sweep of everything!

My early prediction though would be Brad Pitt for Best Actor for Cogan's Trade and I think Tom Hardy will get his first nod for Wettest County.

Book it!
I couldn't hope for these enough, there's several reasons for Brad winning this time around which makes me happy - he's promised to 'retire' in a couple of years meaning that they probably want to give him an Oscar soon, plus Wenstein is backing the film and we all know what he's like with the Oscars...

I'm crossing my fingers for Nolan to get a best director nod this time around, and am hoping that Only God Forgives and The Place Beyond The Pines get some nods. Tom Hardy should win Best Picture.

Daniel Day Lewis for Lincoln in the TOP 5 is guaranteed. Leo should be there and Brad should finally win something. TDKR in the TOP 10, please and Christopher Nolan/Wally Pfister double-whammy. Add Hans Zimmer for Best Score. Don't care for the rest of the bunch, not today, too early.

To limit it down Ill just post my Nolan related predictions:

- TDKR will be nominated in most technical categories and also Best Picture.
- It will win some of them (4-5 or something), including score, editing and visual effects.
- Nolan will finally get his Director nom. But won't win.
- Hardy MIGHT get a nom.
Last edited by Jones on February 27th, 2012, 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jonas Agersø wrote:Hardy will get a best supporting actor nom.
Somehow, I doubt it.

I really want Refn to get a nod but it's just not going to happen.