85th Academy Awards: 2013

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Dodd wrote:

Bradley Cooper doesn’t care about winning an Oscar now that his father is dead (Picture: GQ/ Brigitte Lacombe)
Bradley Cooper won’t ‘sweat s***’ over winning Oscars after his life was put in perspective by watching his father draw his last breath.

The Silver Linings Playbook star said the idea of death haunts him and gives him confidence in equal measure after he nursed his stockbroker dad, Charles J Cooper, through his battle with lung cancer before he died at age 71 two years ago.

‘Death became very real. And very tangible. Because my father – someone who had been in my life for 36 years is just f***ing gone,’ Cooper recalls.

‘I watched him dying and I was there by his bed watching him, breathing with him, and then I saw his last breath and he was gone. I experienced the whole thing. And that was a watershed moment that I was privileged to experience. And it changed everything. Nothing has ever been the same since.’

The 38-year-old says he lost his jitters as a result.

He told GQ magazine: ‘You know William Blake’s Songs Of Innocence? Well, right there, in that moment, the innocence was gone. Done. Never to return. The beauty is that I just don’t sweat s*** any more.’

‘My father gave me two gifts – having me and dying with me. I used to be the kid that got the shakes if I had to talk in public; now, I just don’t get nervous about stuff. I can’t control everything. I watched my father die and I realised that is the way we are all going to die. For me, it was a switch from knowing something intellectually to knowing it by tangibly experiencing it. It rewired my neurological system. It almost did the opposite of motivating me. It was about keeping the main thing the main thing.’

As a result, missing out on an Oscar this month left Cooper completely unmoved.

‘I don’t want to win an Oscar. It would change nothing. Nothing. The things in my life that aren’t fulfilled would not be fulfilled. Career-wise, right now, it’s better that I don’t win one. I don’t want to win. I don’t.’

Read the full interview in the April issue of GQ on Thursday.
Go away cooper. Over exposed. :sick:

Allstar wrote: Go away cooper. Over exposed. :sick:
I agree. But deal with it :lol:
Why you lurking my page brah?