NolanFans - Actor's Challenge T3 (Matchups)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Anyone who votes for Ryan Gosling over Russell Crowe needs a brain examination.

Mason wrote:Anyone who votes for Ryan Gosling over Russell Crowe needs a brain examination.
:facepalm:

I'm going to make a video in the essence of HollywoodRape about this. You've all been brainwashed.

Mason wrote:You've all been brainwashed.
Who have I been brainwashed by exactly? I praised Gosling's performance in Blue Valentine way before talli even spoke of the man. :suicide:

His representation of naturalism is as powerful as Leo's and he managed to change everything about his physicality.

Russell Crowe in The Insider is great but I think it was a much easier role even though Crowe transformed for it.

Gosling's role is more complex imo.

mastervirgo wrote:I deserve a special reward for winning against Oldman and Ledger with Jodie Foster in this site.
You really do.
I knew you were going to choose Lambs, but I really believe that Oldman is better in Tinker, Tailor, so I chose it. But people really love Jodie Foster lol.
I also thought of The Fifth Element.. maybe I would've won with that lol.

And I've also got a feeling that you're gonna win with Blanchett as well, so congratz :clap:

Mason wrote:Anyone who votes for Ryan Gosling over Russell Crowe needs a brain examination.
At least read the rules next time genius.

Alberto wrote:
mastervirgo wrote:I deserve a special reward for winning against Oldman and Ledger with Jodie Foster in this site.
You really do.
I knew you were going to choose Lambs, but I really believe that Oldman is better in Tinker, Tailor, so I chose it. But people really love Jodie Foster lol.

And I've also got a feeling that you're gonna win with Blanchett as well, so congratz :clap:
Gary Oldman in TTSS was good but in a way disappointing. He didn't approach the role the same way he approached his past roles. This time his performance felt less spontaneous which was a turn-off for me. I actually liked the film more than Oldman himself.

On the other hand, Jodie Foster in Silence of the Lambs is one of the best female performances of the 90s. She had to deal with so much. So many emotions, so much pressure, and so much restraint. She also had to carry the movie together with Hopkins and not be carried by Hopkins.

RIFA wrote:
Alberto wrote:
You really do.

Gary Oldman in TTSS was good but in a way disappointing. He didn't approach the role the same way he approached his past roles. This time his performance felt less spontaneous which was a turn-off for me. I actually liked the film more than Oldman himself.

On the other hand, Jodie Foster in Silence of the Lambs is one of the best female performances of the 90s. She had to deal with so much. So many emotions, so much pressure, and so much restraint. She also had to carry the movie together with Hopkins and not be carried by Hopkins.
Do you think The Fifth Element would've won, If I chose it?