Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
nowseed wrote:The Hurt Locker: OVERRATED

I will never understand how this decent (and that's it) film could win the Oscar over Inglorious Basterds. And win so many critics awards. It's just........ :facepalm: :facepalm:
Totally agree. I mean it is a nice film and I like Reener in it but that's about it, WAY overrated.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy = Highly Overrated
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Egami wrote:
nowseed wrote:The Hurt Locker: OVERRATED

I will never understand how this decent (and that's it) film could win the Oscar over Inglorious Basterds. And win so many critics awards. It's just........ :facepalm: :facepalm:
Totally agree. I mean it is a nice film and I like Reener in it but that's about it, WAY overrated.
1 reason: Pro-war propaganda.

IMO David Lynch is overrated, Roman Polanski is a hack, some of Kubrick's movies are overrated and few of Fincher's( I love Fincher and kubrick, but not a big fan)

Inception is - by a considerable distance - Christopher Nolan's worst film.

The Shawshank Redemption is vastly overrated. It's an okay film but it should never be near any list of "great" films.

Saving Private Ryan is good until the end of the D-Day landings. Then it turns it unbearable guff. That ending is quite frankly awful and I can not bring myself to watch it anymore.

Terence Malik is a pretentious bore. Along the same lines, James Cameron is not a good director.

Gary Oldman is the best British actor around. Oldman > Day-Lewis

I have spoken.

Dear heist genre,

Stop being like mostly comical or tongue-in-cheek movies.

We get it, stealing things with an ensemble cast produces a variety of quirky characters in awkward situations.

Highland_3 wrote:Inception is - by a considerable distance - Christopher Nolan's worst film.
At least attempt to explain why.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

The word overrated is overrated.

nolanmania wrote:1. IMO David Lynch is overrated,
2. Roman Polanski is a hack,
3. some of Kubrick's movies are overrated
4. and few of Fincher's( I love Fincher and kubrick, but not a big fan)
1. I can agree to that, even if Mulholland Dr. is among my favorite films.
2. Yep, very much.
3. Tell me about it (::cought:: 2001 ::cough::)
4. In truth of FIncher I love Se7en and Fight Club, but his other films, while good, don't really do much for me. Still have to see TGWTDT.

Inception - Amazing film, fuck you.

Lord of The Rings - Sucks major dick.

Jewberg - Lost his touch ages ago.

Highland_3 wrote:Inception is - by a considerable distance - Christopher Nolan's worst film.
Would be nice to see your reasons as to why you place it below Following and Insomnia.