Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Gary Oldman's performance in Tinker Tailor Solider Spy > Marlon Brando's performance in The Godfather.

Hayden Christensen is a bad actor.

FreakLikeMe wrote:Hayden Christensen is a bad actor.
In what way is that controversial?

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Some of my female friends are confused by their notion that he is good looking with that of being a good actor.

FreakLikeMe wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:
Some of my female friends are confused by their notion that he is good looking with that of being a good actor.
c'mon bro don't lie to us

I thought Christensen did a pretty decent job in Shattered Glass.

Cilogy wrote:I thought Christensen did a pretty decent job in Shattered Glass.
+1

Peter Jackson/Fran Walsh/Phillipa Boyens's LOTR scripts are improvements on the Tolkien source material
-great additions and great cuts (Bombadil and Scouting of the Shire are two parts in the book I hate)

Now Where Was I ? wrote:Peter Jackson/Fran Walsh/Phillipa Boyens's LOTR scripts are improvements on the Tolkien source material
-great additions and great cuts (Bombadil and Scouting of the Shire are two parts in the book I hate)
Agreed. The original novels spent a lot of time lollygagging on details that had no impact on the plot.

Now Where Was I ? wrote:Peter Jackson/Fran Walsh/Phillipa Boyens's LOTR scripts are improvements on the Tolkien source material
The Scouring of the Shire reveals the entire thematic purpose of the series. It probably wouldn't have worked cinematically and I commend them for excluding it, but it's possibly the most integral section of any from the entire series.

-Vader