Controversial opinions about movies

All non-Nolan related entertainment discussion. Join the fun!
Locked
Posts: 759
Joined: January 2011
The idea of the thread is to share your views about movies which may be deemed controversial by either the majority of people or film critics be it on this forum or anywhere else. For example:

- The Godfather, while a good film, is criminally overrated.

You get the idea. Not just to make whatever controversial opinion but to post ones you actually hold.

Post away 8-)

Posts: 1412
Joined: November 2011
Not necessarily about a specific movie but... I believe the screenwriter of a film should get as much respect and praise as the director of a film gets. I feel like they go unnoticed.

Posts: 9827
Joined: August 2010
I hate Silence of The Lambs.I find Cameron to be the most overrated director of all time.

Posts: 2096
Joined: June 2011
Starship Troopers is underrated.

Posts: 18329
Joined: February 2011
MiracleSleeper wrote:Not necessarily about a specific movie but... I believe the screenwriter of a film should get as much respect and praise as the director of a film gets. I feel like they go unnoticed.
:twothumbsup:

Posts: 1027
Joined: November 2011
Location: Indiana
I can't stand Terrence Malick. His films are more about the fact that Terrence Malick has made another movie and less about the movie itself. And most of his shit is pretentious muck because of it.

I dig neither the original Star Wars trilogy, nor the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I'm honestly bored by both.

Oh, and a very recent one; I think Jonah Hill deserved his Oscar nomination. He was fantastic in Moneyball.

Posts: 18329
Joined: February 2011
Nelson wrote:I dig neither the original Star Wars trilogy, nor the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I'm honestly bored by both.
I like you.

Posts: 41937
Joined: May 2010
Nelson wrote:I can't stand Terrence Malick. His films are more about the fact that Terrence Malick has made another movie and less about the movie itself. And most of his shit is pretentious muck because of it.
I like you.

Posts: 449
Joined: January 2011
Inception isn't a great movie

Posts: 9827
Joined: August 2010
Nelson wrote: Oh, and a very recent one; I think Jonah Hill deserved his Oscar nomination. He was fantastic in Moneyball.
I like you.

Locked