What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Batman Begins - 8,9/10

The legend begins.

I've watched this movie (again) in "preparation" for TDKR. I still consider it to be a gret piece of cinema (albeit a bit more flawed than its sucessor).

As always, I love Nolan's style and direction bit I found pieces of dialogue to be much inferior to the rest of the narrative, some performances incomplete (I'm looking at you Katie Holmes) ;) and characters/actors that were (so to speak) a bit wasted.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:Batman Begins - 8,9/10

The legend begins.

I've watched this movie (again) in "preparation" for TDKR. I still consider it to be a gret piece of cinema (albeit a bit more flawed than its sucessor).

As always, I love Nolan's style and direction bit I found pieces of dialogue to be much inferior to the rest of the narrative, some performances incomplete (I'm looking at you Katie Holmes) ;) and characters/actors that were (so to speak) a bit wasted.
At times I find Batman Begins to be more entertaining than The Dark Knight, but I can't place it ahead of it because the latter touches on so many relevant themes and current events.

the first hour of BB is the best thing Nolan has done imo

The second film by the Coen Brothers is great. You can already see their unique style and the amazing dialogue present in all their movies. Though it was slow (at least the first half, anyway), I liked it a lot. Not as much as other Coen Bros. films, but it certainly is one of their best. I should watch it again after some time, I'm sure I'll like it even more.

8.5/10

Chronicle (2012)
Rating: 8.4/10
Personal Interest's Rate: 8.3/10

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Seen this movie many times as a kid, today I caught it on TV after I haven't seen it for at least 2 years. Needless to say, this is a timeless classic, the one movie which every Western should follow as a pattern. And seriously.. that ending! Fantastic.
Amazing soundtrack of course, I'm a massive fan of Morricone.

One of my few 10/10

Terminator 2: Judgement Day - 9.5/ 10

James Cameron's inner genius shines here better than anywhere else in his filmography. There is cheese, more than in The Terminator, but you hardly even care. This is truly one of those few sequels that surpasses the original, like Empire Strikes Back, and The Dark Knight. More intensity, more shock value, maybe less intelligent dialogue is some places but overall no better or worse. The themes are bigger and deeper, perhaps delivered with less subtlety than in The Terminator but still deeper nonetheless. James Cameron's best IMO. This movie along with Aliens are proof that James Cameron is a man who knows how to film a damn good action sequence. He may be the best action directors along with The Wachowki's. I wont go any further because we have all seen this classic and we all know the deal.

ComptonTerry wrote:Terminator 2: Judgement Day - 9.5/ 10

James Cameron's inner genius shines here better than anywhere else in his filmography. There is cheese, more than in The Terminator, but you hardly even care. This is truly one of those few sequels that surpasses the original, like Empire Strikes Back, and The Dark Knight. More intensity, more shock value, maybe less intelligent dialogue is some places but overall no better or worse. The themes are bigger and deeper, perhaps delivered with less subtlety than in The Terminator but still deeper nonetheless. James Cameron's best IMO. This movie along with Aliens are proof that James Cameron is a man who knows how to film a damn good action sequence. He may be the best action directors along with The Wachowki's. I wont go any further because we have all seen this classic and we all know the deal.
yep, agreed. This is, imo, Cameron's best and one of, if not THE best Sci-Fi film of all-time. The ending is superb and I'm glad they chose to go with it rather than the other ending they had planned...I think you can find that on youtube, if I'm not mistaken.

Update: Here is the alternate ending

Skyab23 wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:Terminator 2: Judgement Day - 9.5/ 10

yep, agreed. This is, imo, Cameron's best and one of, if not THE best Sci-Fi film of all-time. The ending is superb and I'm glad they chose to go with it rather than the other ending they had planned...I think you can find that on youtube, if I'm not mistaken.

Definitely not my favorite Sci Fi of all time but definitely would be on my top 5, and I think it's on my top 25 favorite movies list. Yeah Ive seen that ending before (that link isn't working, however) and I really didn't like it.

ComptonTerry wrote:
Skyab23 wrote:

Definitely not my favorite Sci Fi of all time but definitely would be on my top 5, and I think it's on my top 25 favorite movies list. Yeah Ive seen that ending before (that link isn't working, however) and I really didn't like it.
yeah the embedding has been disabled for it, but if anyone wants to watch it just click on the "watch on youtube," and it'll take you to it on youtube. I think the original ending was spot-on and I'm glad they chose to go that route.