What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
RIFA wrote:
bLaZe wrote:Green Street Hooligans - 6.5/10

Some really awesome moments, but mostly stinks of "Fight Club".
how can a movie based on football huliganism and reality of that could "stink" of Fight Club? :roll: I mean besides the fact that in both movies you see guys fighting each other (like in most of movies).. the movies are pretty much very different...
It's not the hooliganism that's similiar, just the whole idea of 'wussy meets badass, teaches him the hard life through fighting, wussy becomes unbreakable'. There's a monologue by Elijah Wood when he's walking down the street and says something about "not breaking like glass" that just reminded me of Fight Club. It's just my 2 cents, but it's still a good movie.

The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)

Compared to the original, I thought remake was a little better, but that's not saying much. I found original to be immensely boring. The remake somewhat entertained me.

5/10

The A-Team

Not believable, but pretty darn fun.
7/10

Shutter Island.
Great film.

Alice in Whoreland (2010) 6/10

and this movie pushed back TDK in the highest-grossing movie list? unbelievable, though it happened :cry:

The Sixth Sense: 10/10 - Great.

If you think Fight Club is about fighting you didn't really understand a heck of it. Personally Im a huge Palahniuk fan.

Watched "Funny People". IT FUCKING SUCKED ASS!! This movie destroyed my entire day and I wish I could have those long,painfull TWO AND A HALF HOURS back. I would rather kill myself than watch this again. DONT SEE THIS FUCKING STUPID AS SHIT MOVIE!!! :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

You can tell where I swore. Fill it in yourself.

The Last Airbender 3/10

Copied from a different forum:

It was heartless, had bad acting, bad directing, bad CGI (Appa and Momo looked fucking terrible), bad fight scenes, almost everyone was miscasted, practically bad everything.

It was if Shamwow wrote down the major plot points but forgot the rest of the show's great heartwarming moments.

Ugh, the end fight was terrible. No Koizilla, just a crappy big wave that did nothing but hover.

All the fight scenes were filled with zoom in and slo-mo. So crappy, and obviously choreographed!

There was no heart in the movie like there was in the show. The part where Aang and Zuko are in the forest alone was so much more touching than the same part in the movie.

The Hurt Locker

Confused, but compelling.

7/10