What was the last movie you watched? III

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Just watched the Karate Kid (2010) and I have to admit that I have a new hope for hollywood remakes.

This film included everything I loved about the old one and modernized so that a new generation can enjoy this awesome story. Jackie Chan's Mr. Han comes as close as anybody could get to Morita's Miyagi and Jaden Smith may be better than Macchio ever was. The film was excellent, probably my favorite of the year so far. Check it out.

theweatherman wrote:Just watched the Karate Kid (2010) and I have to admit that I have a new hope for hollywood remakes.

This film included everything I loved about the old one and modernized so that a new generation can enjoy this awesome story. Jackie Chan's Mr. Han comes as close as anybody could get to Morita's Miyagi and Jaden Smith may be better than Macchio ever was. The film was excellent, probably my favorite of the year so far. Check it out.
As I mentioned before, I want to see it, but because of it's disrespect to martial arts, I won't. And I encourage anybody who cares about martial arts to think twice before supporting this film.

CrazyEight wrote:
theweatherman wrote:Just watched the Karate Kid (2010) and I have to admit that I have a new hope for hollywood remakes.

As I mentioned before, I want to see it, but because of it's disrespect to martial arts, I won't. And I encourage anybody who cares about martial arts to think twice before supporting this film.
Why is it disrespectful of martial arts? It puts it in a good light and it makes little kids want to take it.

Why is it disrespectful of martial arts? It puts it in a good light and it makes little kids want to take it.
Because in the film Jaden Smith learns Kung Fu, not Karate, yet it is called "The Karate Kid". Karate and Kung Fu are two very different arts, so the film should be entitled "The Kung Fu Kid", or they should have actually had the movie take place in Japan, so it could be "The Karate Kid". TV Shows and movies mix up martial arts a lot. I can't even tell you how many times the term "Jiu Jitsu" has been misused in film, but I'm sure the filmmakers are fully aware of the difference and just ignored it with this film.

CrazyEight wrote:
Because in the film Jaden Smith learns Kung Fu, not Karate, yet it is called "The Karate Kid". Karate and Kung Fu are two very different arts, so the film should be entitled "The Kung Fu Kid", or they should have actually had the movie take place in Japan, so it could be "The Karate Kid". TV Shows and movies mix up martial arts a lot. I can't even tell you how many times the term "Jiu Jitsu" has been misused in film, but I'm sure the filmmakers are fully aware of the difference and just ignored it with this film.
Jaden's character starts out as a kid who does Karate but then end up learning Kung Fu. At heart he will always be a "karate kid". I guess that's the best way to explain the title.

it's amazing how they didn't notice the kung fu thing and how disgraceful is it if they did, how come they simply didn't do anything about it, really, what was wrong with "the kung fu kid", they kept the title because they wanted to make more money out of the name of another film :problem:
pathetic.

Toy Story 3
Great and fun movie, the story is a bit predictable but then again it's all ages demographic. The cast is fabolous, I like Ned Beatty performance. Touchy. The 3D is good. :)

The A-Team
Entertaining flick. Liam Neeson and Sharlto Copley are doing great, Bradley Cooper, Quinton Jackson,and Patrick Wilson okay tho. Funny jokes, some are kinda off but not so bad. The action is also great, but the story is decent. :lol:

Crash

9/10

but i have some bias because the director is from my hometown boys!
Why you lurking my page brah?

CrazyEight wrote:
What akv said.

To Die For

8/10

Nicole Kidman and Joquin Phoenix both gave amazing performances!