Comic Books - The Official Thread

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
m4st4 wrote:Couple of promised pictures from today:

Ended up talking about lots of superhero thingies and not just Ms.Marvel. God Nolan was mentioned of course.
Errrrrthing about this is hot yo. Congrats.

looks right

This one's me doing a presentation on Batman adaptations, during a Con in Poznan

First Rebirth event starts this Wednesday:

And in March we'll get our first big Supes revelations, Mr.Oz comes back.

Selina Kyle just...
...broke Bane's goddamn back in Batman #13. Finally, Mr.King, a payoff worthy of the hype! :clap:
I Am Suicide feels like a well rounded arc now, with probably my favorite Rebirth artist (Mikel Janin). Next up: Selina-Bruce two-parter.

I'd also like to add that Morrison and Snyder are still untouchable imo, King needs to tighten his writing quirks, and soon, if he wants to keep writing one of Bats' main titles.

Oh, and JL vs. SS event starts today as well.

Any news on when they're going to continue with...
...the Manhattan arc?

They've been consistently dropping breadcrumbs in Superman/Action Comics, Titans and Detective Comics. My guess is the next big one will be at the end of this current event (JL vs. SS), and after that in early Spring with Superman titles (N52 Supes and pre-Crisis one are on the same cover and 'Mr.Oz' is coming back in a huge way).

Summer 2017 and Fall/Winter 2017 should be places to look for major event bombs imo. I'm glad that they're taking their time, slowly unfolding all the layers.

But don't worry I'm sure it'll be properly announced so that everybody can jump in and start reading. Something like Clone Conspiracy: Dead no More in Spidey these days. One main title will be created, with multiple tie-ins within regular issues that you can choose to ignore if you want to. I'm sure at some point in 2018 we'll get to see brand new...
...Watchmen titles. Which sounds insane and exciting at the same time. Scott Snyder writing Nite Owl perhaps? Etc.

Anything with Snyder's writing is going to catch my interest. His Batman run is fantastic (though the artwork also contributed).

I haven't read Tom King's run (though I like Sheriff of Babylon and his Darkseid War tie-in was very good). Someone recommended me Vision, also his.

His Vision is still the best, by far. Definitely give it a go sometimes soon. Complete artistic freedom and great execution. Reminded me of Moore even if nobody really touches him.