Rate My Taste

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Posts: 3492
Joined: May 2010
Location: Canada
Here's my top 20, other than the inclusion of drive the list has remained the same for the past year.

1. Memento
2. Pulp Fiction
3. 2001
4. City of God
5. The Blues Brothers
6. Goodfellas
7. The Dark Knight
8. Inception
9. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
10. Life is beautiful
11. There will be Blood
12. Withnail and I
13. American Beauty
14. Wings of Desire
15. Trust (Hal Hartley)
16. A trip to the moon
17.The thin red line
18. The Shawshank Redemption
19. Drive
20. Taxi Driver

Posts: 12344
Joined: February 2011
Flying Rodent wrote:I recommend City of Lost Children, with Ron Perlman and Daniel Emilfork. My 2nd fav from Jeunet. I love it cos it has such a great ambiance, dark and almost psychedelic. :-D
+1

Posts: 30
Joined: December 2011
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
My top 20:

The Dark Knight
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
2001: A Space Odyssey
AI: Artificial Intelligence
Heat
Memento
The King of Comedy
Inception
Se7en
American Psycho
Batman Begins
Let the Right One In
Requiem for a Dream
Sunshine
A Clockwork Orange
WALL-E
Pan's Labyrinth
The Machinist
The Goonies
The Prestige

Posts: 4938
Joined: December 2009
Location: London
IBelieveInBruceWayne wrote:My top 20:

The Dark Knight
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
2001: A Space Odyssey
AI: Artificial Intelligence
Heat
Memento
The King of Comedy
Inception
Se7en
American Psycho
Batman Begins
Let the Right One In
Requiem for a Dream
Sunshine
A Clockwork Orange
WALL-E
Pan's Labyrinth
The Machinist
The Goonies
The Prestige
I like it, got a good mix of films from different decades. Heat and Inception are the two films on the list which stand out for me. Nice to see The King of Comedy in there as well, that's a very unappreciated film (I put it in spoilers because I wanted to post mine as well without cluttering the thread):

1) GoodFellas
2) Inception
3) Heat
4) The Thin Red Line
5) Apocalypse Now
6) Raiders of the Lost Ark
7) Blade Runner
8) Once Upon a Time in the West
9) Memento
10) Zulu
11) No Country For Old Men
12) Training Day
13) The Dark Knight
14) Collateral
15) The French Connection
16) The Prestige
17) Jaws
18) The Sixth Sense
19) Drive
20) The Departed

Special mentions to - Black Hawk Down, Groundhog Day, Last of the Mohicans, Marathon Man, Bullitt, RockNRolla, Thief, True Grit and many more

Posts: 715
Joined: November 2011
Here it is (BTW:I like the movies all the same,it's just a list of movies i like the most)

1.The Prestige
2.Modigiliani
3.The Tree Of Life
4.Batman Begins
5.Inception
5.The Matrix
6.Lost in Translation
7.Mission Impossible 2
8.i,robot
9.Fear and loathing in Las Vegas
10.True Grit
11.Star Wars Empire Strikes Back
12.The Fighter
13.3-10 to Yuma (the Remake)
14.The Godfather
15.The Bourne Supremacy
16.Blood Diamond
17.Ronin
18.Batman 1989
19.Collateral
20.Independece Day

Posts: 17472
Joined: May 2011
Too be honest, I haven't really seen a bad list yet.

Posts: 9827
Joined: August 2010
Useless thread.In 'your top 25 favorite films' thread people often give feedback on someone's list.This is just Mason amping up his already freaking insane post count.

Posts: 17472
Joined: May 2011
Mr. Caine wrote:Useless thread.In 'your top 25 favorite films' thread people often give feedback on someone's list.This is just Mason amping up his already freaking insane post count.
I think he's trying to over take Talli.

Posts: 9827
Joined: August 2010
DoubleD wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote:Useless thread.In 'your top 25 favorite films' thread people often give feedback on someone's list.This is just Mason amping up his already freaking insane post count.
I think he's trying to over take Talli.
In bed? Yeah sure if that floats his boat.

Posts: 715
Joined: November 2011
Mr. Caine wrote:Useless thread.In 'your top 25 favorite films' thread people often give feedback on someone's list.This is just Mason amping up his already freaking insane post count.
Shut Up and give a list instead.

There are threads that are more worse then this one,believe me.
Threads about every fucking little detail of TDKR,it's insane and disturbing at the same time.

Image

Post Reply