The Cabin in the Woods (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
If you think you know this story, think again. A mind blowing horror film that turns the genre inside out. A group of five friends going on a quiet cabin retreat scratch the surface of something so massive and horrific that they can only begin to fathom what might possibly be going on just as time quickly runs out.

The Cabin in the Woods is the feature directorial debut of Whedon protege Drew Goddard, screenwriter of Cloverfield and Robopocalypse, as well as work on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", "Alias" and "Lost" for J.J. Abrams. The original screenplay was co-written by Joss Whedon ("Buffy", "Angel", "Firefly", Serenity, The Avengers) & Drew Goddard.
Trailer should hit soon.

New Poster:

Sounds horrendous.

Writer of Robopocolypse? :wtf:

Them saying 'you think you know the story' got my hopes up - I was thinking that they'd actually subvert expectations of a cabin in the woods story in a legitimate or genuine way. Instead, it sounds like they aren't going to deviate that much from cabin horror staples, but just throw in plot twists at every corner just to make the more idiotic viewers go 'oh, that was unexpected' while I'll probably end up thinking 'of course it was unexpected, it was damn stupid'. I don't want it to be like one of those films, but I'm scared that it will be.

Let's see... hmm... Interested. Was interested like a year ago when they announced the project.

I like that poster. It's almost like Rubiks Cube.

Trailer is out soon! Damn, we need a good horror these days.

Looks fun.

:think:

Rental.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."