Shutter Island

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
NothinButM wrote:
akv1984 wrote:I have not seen it yet but I overheard two girls in school saying how boring it was. It kind of upset me because Scorsesse's movies have never bored me. Anyway, I can't wait to see this movie!
Haha, I definitely see how teenage girls can find it boring. Since there weren't any Hannah Montana paraphernalia or pink cell phones or skirts. I seriously don't let that stuff upset me though, to each his own....
Ha ha! I know. Then again, they did like Twilight and Transformers 2, so I have nothing to worry about!

I saw it on Saturday. It's not one of those movies you'd be able to make an 100% comment about either you'd like or dislike it, at least to me. The story is too deep and strong that make you think about the movie a lot, it makes you to review it in you head from the beginning to the end over and over to understand more stuffs and the mysteries in the movie. I don't wanna ruin the story for the ones haven't seen it, but I gotta say that the last line in the movie was a great line; which I believe, that made Scorsese to make the movie. I also loved the way the first dream was directed and shown, so perfect!
DiCaprio did a great performance as well, I'm so happy he did this role, as some of you I like Brad Pitt, but I just don't think this role was for him. DiCaprio has definitely a reflexive and emotional face that can express the feeling of the role very well. I realize now why he'd wanna take a break, I can see how challenging it was for him.
I don't know if anyone noticed, but in the very beginning, there was some small mistakes. On the ferry, in one scene you'd see DiCaprio has a ring and in the next one he doesn't.
Overall I'd give it 8 or 8.5.

I've talked to some people who said they also didn't like the film. I just assured them that it is one of those movies that gets much better on a second viewing.