Doctor Who Movie

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
What about the guy who played the title charecter in that TV show Jekyll ??

Since the Smith/Moffat era of Who is by far the best incarnation of the Doctor, this movie can only fail. Get Moffat and Smith on board, ditch Yates, and you're onto a winner.

dannymlufc_ wrote:Since the Smith/Moffat era of Who is by far the best incarnation of the Doctor, this movie can only fail. Get Moffat and Smith on board, ditch Yates, and you're onto a winner.

Come back when you have a valid point :wave:

Anyway, I was watching an interview earlier with Karen, Matt and Arthur, and none of them had even heard that a movie had been announced. Looks like this is going to be a completely separate project. Ah well.

dannymlufc_ wrote:Come back when you have a valid point :wave:
Oh snap.

I think what he's saying makes sense in ditching Yates. He can ruin other franchises, but he would need a break right now. All that ruining must get tiring some time.
But in fact, ditch everyone. Because this was a bad idea to begin with.
And only come back when this idea might seem remotely good again.
Do you... like pineapple?

jibran wrote:I think what he's saying makes sense in ditching Yates. He can ruin other franchises, but he would need a break right now. All that ruining must get tiring some time.
But in fact, ditch everyone. Because this was a bad idea to begin with.
And only come back when this idea might seem remotely good again.
Agreed. The TV show is on such a high right now and probably will be next series; making a film set in a completely different universe with a completely different cast to the show will:

a) Confuse casual watchers of the show and the film.
b) Take away from the shows limelight and subsequently anger fans.

And with the upcoming 50th anniversary (which apparently Moffat has 'big plans' for - hopefully the movie isn't that) plans for the TV series must be huge - let the show have it's moment.

dannymlufc_ wrote: Agreed. The TV show is on such a high right now and probably will be next series; making a film set in a completely different universe with a completely different cast to the show will:

And with the upcoming 50th anniversary (which apparently Moffat has 'big plans' for - hopefully the movie isn't that) plans for the TV series must be huge - let the show have it's moment.
I agree with all of this except the show being on a high part.
Do you... like pineapple?

jibran wrote:
dannymlufc_ wrote: Agreed. The TV show is on such a high right now and probably will be next series; making a film set in a completely different universe with a completely different cast to the show will:

I agree with all of this except the show being on a high part.
Fair enough.

Tennant/Davies is FAR better than Smith/Moffat... :facepalm: