The Revenant (2015)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Allstar wrote:
Vader182 wrote:Critic buddy saw this tonight, called it a masterpiece.

-Vader
How reliable would you say his taste is?

Embargo is lifted this Friday.
We don't often see eye to eye but seemed it was worth mentioning anyhow. He's in the CFCA. His site for the curious, I contribute to it once in a while: http://keeping-it-reel.com/

-Vader

David Lowery @davidlowery
THE REVENANT is so consistently and astoundingly impressive that I even loved the parts I didn't like.

So chances are Vader will dislike it? :D

Fox Shuts Down Report of Bear Rape in ‘The Revenant’
Fox would like everyone to know that Leonardo DiCaprio’s character does not get raped by a bear in “The Revenant.”

On Tuesday, a report hit Matt Drudge’s Drudge Report that sent the Internet into a frenzy, claiming that DiCaprio’s character in the upcoming movie is victim to a violent rape at the hands of a bear. Journalists and other industry figures who have seen the movie subsequently clarified that DiCaprio is not raped, but simply brutally mauled by the bear.

Fox, the studio behind the film, decided to also set the record straight by issuing a statement later on Tuesday, maintaining that the Drudge report is incorrect.

“As anyone who has seen the movie can attest, the bear in the film is a female who attacks Hugh Glass because she feels he might be threatening her cubs,” a Fox spokesperson said in a statement to Entertainment Weekly. “There is clearly no rape scene with a bear.”

The report on Drudge quotes a source saying that “He is raped – twice!,” and claims that people in the audience walked out of theaters in disgust of the scene.

“The Revenant,” directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu and also starring Tom Hardy, debuts in limited release on Christmas Day, and goes wide Jan. 8.

So, how did they shoot that scene? Don't tell me it's CGI cause that would be sick, it looks like he's getting mauled by a real bear lol... can't wait to see this thing.

m4st4 wrote:So, how did they shoot that scene? Don't tell me it's CGI cause that would be sick, it looks like he's getting mauled by a real bear lol... can't wait to see this thing.
Production filed an application to film this bear attack in a small area of first growth timber on the Squamish River known as the “Derringer Forest’ with five trappers (Leonardo DiCaprio, Tom Hardy, Domhnall Gleeson plus two extras) and an “animatronic bear” expected on set.
http://yvrshoots.com/2014/12/shoot-the- ... more-36129

The bear shots in the trailer definitely look cgi. Albeit really great cgi.

Panapaok wrote:Fox Shuts Down Report of Bear Rape in ‘The Revenant’
Fox would like everyone to know that Leonardo DiCaprio’s character does not get raped by a bear in “The Revenant.”

On Tuesday, a report hit Matt Drudge’s Drudge Report that sent the Internet into a frenzy, claiming that DiCaprio’s character in the upcoming movie is victim to a violent rape at the hands of a bear. Journalists and other industry figures who have seen the movie subsequently clarified that DiCaprio is not raped, but simply brutally mauled by the bear.

Fox, the studio behind the film, decided to also set the record straight by issuing a statement later on Tuesday, maintaining that the Drudge report is incorrect.

“As anyone who has seen the movie can attest, the bear in the film is a female who attacks Hugh Glass because she feels he might be threatening her cubs,” a Fox spokesperson said in a statement to Entertainment Weekly. “There is clearly no rape scene with a bear.”

The report on Drudge quotes a source saying that “He is raped – twice!,” and claims that people in the audience walked out of theaters in disgust of the scene.

“The Revenant,” directed by Alejandro González Iñárritu and also starring Tom Hardy, debuts in limited release on Christmas Day, and goes wide Jan. 8.

I don't know whether to lol at this or facepalm for the stupidity of people. How would anyone possibly think he got raped and believe the reports? Animals don't rape people lol. I guess it is true that a lot of people do believe everything they read on the internet.

Fuckin hilarious.