Knight of Cups (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ur mi knite. mi gide.

He either must have invented a clone machine or a time turner in order to shoot so many movies. I mean, he waited 20 years before making The thin red line, so why the rush now? :lol:

But it sounds interesting, and I like The New World and Tree of Life.

redfan wrote:He either must have invented a clone machine or a time turner in order to shoot so many movies. I mean, he waited 20 years before making The thin red line, so why the rush now? :lol:

But it sounds interesting, and I like The New World and Tree of Life.
I think he's dying. :( Or he got abducted by aliens.

As I mentioned in another thread, maybe this was all the stuff he was planning in the 20 year period.
We're all dying, always; I hope his time isn't up too soon anyway.
But really, he's lived an awesomely full life. Went to Havard, hung out at Oxford for a bit. Taught at MIT. Held a few interesting jobs, makes movies. Man, I wish I could accomplish similar things. That said I'm not aiming to be an academic, yup, after uni it's the private sector for me.

But this is such a unique departure from the usual stuff. Medieval Malick sounds really interesting.
Very excited for his next few movies.
Do you... like pineapple?

Cilogy wrote:
Allstar wrote:
I just have to rate it a 5/10 in order for it to be his best film.
:lol: Malick just can't catch a break on NolanFans.
If by NolanFans you mean Allstarr & IWFNM's nonstop trolling then yeah, spot on.

TalkOnCorners wrote:LA Casting:

Had a feeling this was going to be the first Terry film to shoot since Mara said the one she is in shoots in the fall. Ugh Bale back to back? Really? :(

Do you think Terry Malick is a hack?

Yeah, totally. I think he's one hundred percent full of shit and pretentious, and I hate the phoniness he stands for. And recent statements by Christopher Plummer and Sean Penn seem to back all that up.
James Gunn on Terry Malick

Allstar wrote:
TalkOnCorners wrote:LA Casting:

Had a feeling this was going to be the first Terry film to shoot since Mara said the one she is in shoots in the fall. Ugh Bale back to back? Really? :(
:(

I just hope that means that Bale will be done by 2012. It would be awful if the shooting extends beyond 2013. I want Bale to work with some other directors too. :lol:
Last edited by TalkOnCorners on January 29th, 2012, 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

TalkOnCorners wrote: :(

LMAO! HOG!
I just hope that means that Bale will be done by 2012. It would be awful if the shooting extends beyond 2013. I want Bale to work with some other directors too.
Exactly! For all we know Bale might have like two lines in this film.
Last edited by Allstar on January 29th, 2012, 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.