Knight of Cups (2016)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

I really enjoyed To the Wonder a lot, but I'm still in it mainly for the cast (Blanchett, Poots, Bale, Bentley).

this is gonna be amazing

Allstar wrote:Seems like another To The Wonder
sweet

I wonder if we've seen the furthest Malick can take us with his post-hiatus style already. He's made some truly extraordinary work but it would be unfortunate if this one and the next will be much like TtW. It's cool he has a fluid, consistent and beautiful cinematic language but it's a damn shame that 70s-style Malick made only two films.

I couldn't get through To the Wonder... But I loved The Tree of Life. Should I give TTW another chance or is it too different?

Forum Pro
Law
Nomis1700 wrote:I couldn't get through To the Wonder... But I loved The Tree of Life. Should I give TTW another chance or is it too different?
I thought it was very touching and for some reason I felt a strong emotional connection between the mother/daughter/father bond. Give it a shot.

I love Tree of Life but I would love to see Malick return to Thin Red Line style where he let's the imagery have its moments but not the films only driver.

Durden wrote:I love Tree of Life but I would love to see Malick return to Thin Red Line style where he let's the imagery have its moments but not the films only driver.
I'd also like to see that scale again too.