Greatest and Worst Plot Twists of all time?

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Mr. Caine wrote:
DreamPolice wrote:"Saw" had a good end plot twist IMO.

...until it was used in every fucking sequel. :facepalm:
Ditto.Well I also like Saw 2 ending.After that it just went into a total downfall
Yes, the first two Saw movies had very incredible endings.

Knowing how many Fincher fans are on this board, I know I'll get some heat for this, but I didn't like the ending to The Game very much. I love Seven so it was a disappointing spiritual sequel to me.

I love the finale to Batman Begins, if that counts as a twist.

Smoking Aces had a terrible twist. But a lot of movies these days have shitty twists that don't enhance the experience at all. Which is a shame because I love a good twist. The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs all were great and had good twists. Even The Happening, while not as good as Nights first three outings, is underrated and had an interesting twist.

cassm wrote:Worst:

Shutter Island
While worst is an over statement, seconded. Totally predictable in this age of twisting plots. It would have been better if they had been more open ended, making the viewer wonder whether Leo had gone crazy or not.

Yeah I saw the twist in Shutter Island coming miles away.

Merged with old thread.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Falcone wrote: Yes, the first two Saw movies had very incredible endings.

Knowing how many Fincher fans are on this board, I know I'll get some heat for this, but I didn't like the ending to The Game very much. I love Seven so it was a disappointing spiritual sequel to me.

I love the finale to Batman Begins, if that counts as a twist.

Smoking Aces had a terrible twist. But a lot of movies these days have shitty twists that don't enhance the experience at all. Which is a shame because I love a good twist. The Sixth Sense, Unbreakable, and Signs all were great and had good twists. Even The Happening, while not as good as Nights first three outings, is underrated and had an interesting twist.

I like Shyamalan's twists as well, especially Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. I thought The Game was executed very well and I liked the twist. Although it wasn't unexpected.
Falcone wrote: While worst is an over statement, seconded. Totally predictable in this age of twisting plots. It would have been better if they had been more open ended, making the viewer wonder whether Leo had gone crazy or not.
I thought Leo's final comment in Shutter Island did leave it open ended. Which is what I liked about it.
Is it better to live as a monster or die as a good man?

anonymity wrote:

I like Shyamalan's twists as well, especially Sixth Sense and Unbreakable. I thought The Game was executed very well and I liked the twist. Although it wasn't unexpected.
I liked The Game overall too. It's the kind of film that you don't know what's really happening until the very end, but the twist was more or less obvious during the last scenes.

I generally don't like Shyamalan's twists at all, most of them just come out of nowhere (except for the one in the Sixth Sense). I personally thought that the ending of Unbreakable weakened the overall product.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:
anonymity wrote:

I liked The Game overall too. It's the kind of film that you don't know what's really happening until the very end, but the twist was more or less obvious during the last scenes.

I generally don't like Shyamalan's twists at all, most of them just come out of nowhere (except for the one in the Sixth Sense). I personally thought that the ending of Unbreakable weakened the overall product.
Holy shit I am not alone

The ending to Unbreakable may not be as memorable and wonderful of a twist ad The Sixth Sense but I liked it. I think the movie overall is better then Sixth Sense regardless of it's twist.

Worst
The Langoliers.

And its not even fucking close.

Mr. Caine wrote:
didich wrote:

Holy shit I am not alone
I third your notion. Also, the execution of the twist was done extremely well. The intricacy of the illusion he built for himself was fascinating to me.