Favorite James Cameron Film

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.

Which is your favorite?

Terminator
No votes
Aliens
No votes
The Abyss
No votes
Terminator II
50%
True Lies
8%
Titanic
25%
Ghosts of the Abyss (documentary)
8%
8%

Total votes: 12

Let's discuss some of his films, shall we?

Anyway, it's a tie between Terminator, Titanic, and Avatar for me.

MrG
Avatar, no question. Opening night of Avatar in IMAX 3D is one of the greatest experiences of my whole nerdy life.

MrG wrote:Avatar, no question. Opening night of Avatar in IMAX 3D is one of the greatest experiences of my whole nerdy life.
Hell yeah, I saw it opening weekend as well in Imax 3D, it was fricken incredible. One of the best movie experiences I've ever had. It also helped that I was, well lets say, not exactly sober at the time :lol:

Saw it with a clean mind a week later just so I could soak it all in though, still fun as hell.

MrG wrote:Avatar, no question. Opening night of Avatar in IMAX 3D is one of the greatest experiences of my whole nerdy life.
How do you feel about this comment?

**Taken from another forum I post at**
No movie of the last 10 years pisses me off more than Avatar.

It is the single most derivative film I have ever seen. The dialogue is beyond stupid, the acting is for the most part snort-inducing, the "story" should count as PLAGIARISM. Seriously, the first time I saw it, half an hour in I was like...Uh this is just Dances with Wolves. Also, the main character, Jake, is a fucking dickhead, I don't know what the whole tribe saw in him, he's disrespectful and idiotic. The plot is manipulative and, at a few points, nonsensical. The film goes on for FULLY an hour too long, and so many elements of it are so...uninspired, like they barely even CARED to make it interesting. "Unobtanium"...that's like...original-Star-Trek stupid and laughable.

The ONLY redeeming factor of the movie is: it's pretty. I saw it in theaters and it's visually thrilling.

But EVERY other quality of it is pure dreck. And it just annoys me to no end that such an unimaginative and poorly made film got so many awards/accolades, not to mention the absolutely ridiculous box office it did. And my family LOVED it, they bought the EXTENDED CUT on DVD and watched it nonstop for most of a year. Ugh. Fucking SHIT movie.

Titanic is pure brilliance. One of the best directed films of all time.

T2

IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Titanic is pure brilliance. One of the best directed films of all time.
Care to elaborate? That film gets a lot of hate, I was surprised to hear you praise it.

Samsara17 wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Titanic is pure brilliance. One of the best directed films of all time.
Care to elaborate? That film gets a lot of hate, I was surprised to hear you praise it.
Avatar gets a lot of hate too...

Samsara17 wrote:
It's really a stunning piece of work. Cameron directs it perfectly, nicely acted, great soundtrack, moving love story, perfect pacing, all wrapped up in one of the most epic films of all time. Clocking in at over 3 hours Cameron never lets it get boring and keeps you engaged the whole time. The guy is just a genius based off this film IMO. There's just so many haters of Titanic just because how huge and popular it is. It's really a damn shame. Same thing goes with Avatar.. which is another jaw dropping, stunning piece of work from Mr. Cameron.