Predict the 67th Annual Golden Globe Awards:

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
chee wrote: I haven't seen Precious, but Moon should've been nominated.
Moon wasn't a popular movie among the average moviegoer. It was acclaimed by critics, but that doesn't matter when it comes to awards season. Sandra Bullock just won awards man.
@sammyjankis88

Robin wrote:
chee wrote: I haven't seen Precious, but Moon should've been nominated.
Moon wasn't a popular movie among the average moviegoer. It was acclaimed by critics, but that doesn't matter when it comes to awards season. Sandra Bullock just won awards man.

have you seen the blind side? i haven't, but a lot of respectable critics who's i often share opinions with have been praising her work in that movie

apw
The Golden Globes continue to support mediocrity.

CrazyEight wrote:Avatar dominated.

Really glad Michael C. Hall got best actor for a drama series. Both him and Lithgow deserve it.
I'm so happy for them booth, I love Dexter. I would like to see Dexter win best drama sometimes in the future.
And I 'm glad about UP. For the rest, who cares.
The golden globes are so predictable like Avatar itself.
But I had a laugh watching tha faces of Tarantino, Reitman, even Leo when Avatar was named best picture. (They don't look very happy).

And of course Meryll Streep doesn't get interupted by the music :lol:

apw
James Cameron got a muted response when he asked the audience to applaud themselves. I think the biggest clap came when he said Kathryn Bigelow should have won.

The Golden Globes is a dubious organisation with less than 100 voting members from foreign press (basically European celebrity journalists).

apw wrote:James Cameron got a muted response when he asked the audience to applaud themselves. I think the biggest clap came when he said Kathryn Bigelow should have won.

The Golden Globes is a dubious organisation with less than 100 voting members from foreign press (basically European celebrity journalists).
Absolutely. And nobody cares about his "green" speech" either.
Been humble never was a good quality of mr. Cameron.

Eternalist wrote:And of course Meryll Streep doesn't get interupted by the music :lol:
Meryl Streep is awesome and all, but I'm sure that she is sick and tired of going up to the podiums constantly at award shows now! I can see this person inside of her wanting to come out screaming, "Give someone else a chance! I have no more room in my house for all these awards!"

Did they awarded Mr.Cameron's AVATAR and himself as the best director for AVATAR technology or story? In my book, THE HURT LOCKER deserved the award in both categories. THE HURT LOCKER was the most under rated movie in the list and really original
and written/directed with lots of heart. I know AVATAR was a great movie and all, but there comes the performances of actors on the camera that deserves the award and not actors working behind green or white screens.

It was funny when Arnold stated half the earnings of AVATAR should go to the state budget. If it was me, half the earnings definately should go to the state budget or most importantly to HAITI.