Fight Club (1999)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Nah, its just a bunch of crazy shit that happens cuz home slice had a brain tumor. Plus the dust brothers and pixies. Sometimes a bar of soap is just a bar of soap.

Lasts semester at school, I told my Psych professor to watch this film. We were on the topic of severe mental illnesses, and I recommended that she watch this. I got a reply from her a few days ago and she asked me to describe the meaning of the film. This was my interpretation of it:

I haven't watched it in a while, but if I had to sum them up, I believe the film acts as some what of a warning for what can happen to someone if they spend too much time suppressing their true thoughts and feelings inside themselves. With the protagonist's character, I feel he's spent years gathering up a deep distaste for society, and the only way it was able to come out was through his make-believe persona, Tyler Durdern. I feel the message behind the story is that one should express their views peacefully to others during the time they are running through one's head, because if those thoughts and feelings build and nothing is done, the result can be destructive. In my opinion, if the protagonist went to therapy for a few years before the context of the film, I'm pretty sure he could have avoided that whole disastrous situation completely haha.

Its been year's since I've seen this. I think its time for a rewatch.

DoubleD wrote:Its been year's since I've seen this. I think its time for a rewatch.
:thumbup:

I really want to make an American Beauty thread. (it also came out in 1999) Can someone else make one for me, because I've already made about 5 threads in the past two weeks. I need to deal with my thread-making-addiction in a healthy manner.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:I really want to make an American Beauty thread. (it also came out in 1999) Can someone else make one for me, because I've already made about 5 threads in the past two weeks. I need to deal with my thread-making-addiction in a healthy manner.
Don't let that stop you.

DoubleD wrote:
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:I really want to make an American Beauty thread. (it also came out in 1999) Can someone else make one for me, because I've already made about 5 threads in the past two weeks. I need to deal with my thread-making-addiction in a healthy manner.
Don't let that stop you.
Thank you. **tear rolls down cheek**

Lol just found out this guy was Jared Leto.

Bacon wrote:Image
Lol just found out this guy was Jared Leto.
So was this guy. Leto is a Fincher veteran.