The Flash (2023)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Damn it would be insane if they actually did leave Disney for DCEU.

Location: 'Taked baby. Meet at later bar, night or day sometime
Hope they do something in the DCEU. If not Flash maybe Green Lantern.

They did write the first treatment for the film, so it's not crazy to think they'd go back. Though that article doesn't specify precisely when they met, it could have been before they decided to rewrite it from scratch.

As of now I think it's only news because they were just fucking fired from fucking Star Wars and wrote a draft for this before leaving for Star Wars lol. But yeah, would be great if they'd direct this. I love their style and I think they'd be a perfect fit for Flash.

Wouldn't even blame them for coming over here after Disney and co. probably just ruined a spin off film after almost doing it the first time.

The story used will be Flashpoint which is....super weird for a first movie.

It can easily be a one-off: Barry messes up the timeline, fixes it by the end of the movie. No New 52, Rebirth continues, so to speak.

Yeah, but it kinda seems like a waste to do Flashpoint but then everything goes back to being normal. It'd be way cooler to have it a bit later on where it'd be far enough in to the universe where there'd be actual ramifications for screwing with time. Even on the Flash TV show it was a big deal, where Barry had to deal with all the stuff he messed up after he set the timeline back to being normal.

It's also weird because outside of Batman, Flash arguably has the best villains of any individual DC hero, so it's not like there's not a lot of stories you could do before this.

Request title change to 2020, at least.

It's not a bad idea to have Flashpoint as the first Flash film. With Barry not being in total control of his powers and witnessing how different things could have been. I quite like this idea.

Request thread title change to: Flashpoint (2020)