Sin City: A Dame to Kill For (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
They need to get onto it quick-smart.

Rodriguez wanted to film Machete 2 before filming Sin City 2, I mean, that's a bit Fucked up.
Machete was fucking boring and crap because everyone was expecting stupid and hilarious violence and mayhem and all we got was a half-assed mexico-border lecture.
This scene is exactly what pretty much everyone wanted for the entirity of the film:
Instead it took itself way too seriously which was a gigantic problem considering the subject matter. Same problem with Hobo with a Shotgun.

[/machete_rant]
At least Sin City and to a lesser extent Predators captured the fun required for action films.

Threshold wrote:Machete was fucking boring and crap because everyone was expecting stupid and hilarious violence and mayhem and all we got was a half-assed mexico-border lecture.
Don't worry, Machete Kills won't have much lecturing. :thumbup:

http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... =17&t=9213

"We still have to cast. I'm shooting 'Machete' next month, and we go right into 'Sin City.' It might overlap, but we haven't done any casting yet, except for the people who we know are already in it and returning," he said, adding, "'A Dame to Kill For,' all those people come back. I just had lunch with Mickey [Rourke] this weekend. He's all excited to come back, but he's probably the first one. I saw Rosario [Dawson] too. I ran into her for something else, and she's pumped. They've always been excited about doing another one, so that will be fun."
- Robert Rodriguez
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

DoubleD wrote:
"We still have to cast. I'm shooting 'Machete' next month, and we go right into 'Sin City.' It might overlap, but we haven't done any casting yet, except for the people who we know are already in it and returning," he said, adding, "'A Dame to Kill For,' all those people come back. I just had lunch with Mickey [Rourke] this weekend. He's all excited to come back, but he's probably the first one. I saw Rosario [Dawson] too. I ran into her for something else, and she's pumped. They've always been excited about doing another one, so that will be fun."
- Robert Rodriguez
Mickey and Rosario, frak yeah! :twothumbsup:
A Dame to Kill For is primarily based on Miller’s Sin City graphic novel of the same name. That storyline partially overlaps with The Hard Goodbye (ie. the Marv-centered segment of the first Sin City movie), but otherwise takes place prior to most of the events depicted in Rodriguez’ previous Sin City film adaptation – with a few exceptions, such as the opening part of That Yellow Bastard (ie. the Hartigan [Bruce Willis]-centered segment).

In addition to the A Dame to Kill For plotline, Sin City 2 will feature some new story material penned by Miller, partly to tie off the narrative threads left dangling in the first movie – such as, what happens to Nancy Callahan (Jessica Alba), following the conclusion of the Yellow Bastard segment. Those who lost confidence in Miller’s writing abilities a long time ago can take comfort in knowing that William Monahan (The Departed) polished those new script elements.

The next “big development” in the Sin City sequel’s pre-production process should be news about whether or not Clive Owen will be returning as Dwight – who is essentially the protagonist in A Dame to Kill For. Considering that the character is supposed to have undergone significant facial reconstruction between that story and The Big Fat Kill, there’s a good chance that Owen won’t be back (for continuity’s sake). Still, that’s not at all a given yet.

"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote:Image
Geniune teaser or fan-made poster?

Threshold wrote:
thenextnolan wrote:Image
Geniune teaser or fan-made poster?
Promo poster.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Release date for North America: October 4th, 2013