Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
:facepalm:
Alcon Entertainment, the company behind The Blind Side, is looking to bring the world of Blade Runner back to the big-screen.

The 1982 cult classic, which was directed by Ridley Scott and starred Harrison Ford, was based on a Philip K. Dick novel titled Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep.

The company is in final negotiations to acquire the secure film, television and ancillary franchise rights to produce prequels and sequels to the iconic 1982 science-fiction thriller.

Alcon is getting the film rights from Bud Yorkin, who was an exec producer on the original 1982 movie. Yorkin will serve as a producer on the projects.

Alcon co-heads Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson. Cynthia Sikes Yorkin will co-produce. Frank Giustra and Tim Gamble, CEOs of Thunderbird Films, will serve as executive producers.

The story is set in a future where man has created clones called replicants who are used for dangerous work. When they rebel on a space colony, replicants are banned and hunted down.
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/blogs/ ... ner-163406

No. Just please don't.

They better not even consider this.

They're looking into the sequels and prequels. Get Darren, Nolan, or dare I say Scott on this and I'm there.

RomanM wrote:They're looking into the sequels and prequels. Get Darren, Nolan, or dare I say Scott on this and I'm there.
Ah shit... that's fine by me. If Nolan got his hands on a prequel/sequel, it'd be his wet dream...

Crazy Eight wrote:
RomanM wrote:They're looking into the sequels and prequels. Get Darren, Nolan, or dare I say Scott on this and I'm there.
Ah shit... that's fine by me. If Nolan got his hands on a prequel/sequel, it'd be his wet dream...
No.

No.
Explain.

I'd be on board if Nolan did this.

Crazy Eight wrote:
No.
Explain.
Did not think an explanation was needed but why would Chris want to do a sequel or a prequel to something he respected so much? I think he would respect Ridley and not touch his universe. If Chris wanted to do a futuristic Sci Fi, I am certain he would do his own original one.

why would Chris want to do a sequel or a prequel to something he respected so much? I think he would respect Ridley and not touch his universe. If Chris wanted to do a futuristic Sci Fi, I am certain he would do his own original one.
A vague "no" towards a comment that has two statements requires explanation just for clarity's sake.

My reasoning follows yours but takes the opposite direction. Since Nolan loves Blade Runner so much, and if he got Scott's blessing, I think he'd most definitely be excited to expand upon the universe. But since neither you nor I know what Nolan would really do, the subjects kinda moot. I do agree however that Nolan wouldn't take the project without Scott's approval.