Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Hey, that looks pretty good.

As for RIFA's theory
it being set at least partially on Mars isn't out of the question.

RIFA wrote:My theory is that...
That is not Earth but probably Mars or some other planet Harrison ran to. I think we're going to get more than just Earth. And considering Prometheus... and how Weyland ties with Blade Runner through that... WHO KNOWS what shitstick is about to happen in 2049.
It's the police precinct from the first film. Or one that looks a lot like it.

shauner111 wrote:
RIFA wrote:My theory is that...
That is not Earth but probably Mars or some other planet Harrison ran to. I think we're going to get more than just Earth. And considering Prometheus... and how Weyland ties with Blade Runner through that... WHO KNOWS what shitstick is about to happen in 2049.
No offense but that sounds a little dumb. Or a lot.
What part of it? Explain.

Yes. The precinct looks similar. But it can very well be replicated. The thing is it doesn't make sense for the precinct to be in that desert-like environment considering the first and last shots in the teaser. Those are two different worlds. Unless something huge happens and the Ford scene is actually near the end of the film which I doubt. Chances are the Ford scene is in the first half.

Severe drought/global warming type degradation happened to parts of Los Angeles would be my guess. The shots of Gosling walking around at the beginning and end are probably just unaffected areas.
Shot in the dark

ChristNolan wrote:
Severe drought/global warming type degradation happened to parts of Los Angeles would be my guess. The shots of Gosling walking around at the beginning and end are probably just unaffected areas.
Shot in the dark
That's my guess

Question about the very ending title screen; it says see it in real d 3D and IMAX. So....please tell me that means Villennueve is pulling a Nolan and it's JUST IMAX...? Not IMAX 3D please.

Gosling reminds me of how he was in OGF lol.

This is not really an insult btw.

Exactly what I needed from a teaser. Knowing that we're getting the same city, but still going new places. I don't care if this was shot with digital cameras, Deakins is the star here.

I wasn't super excited for this or anything, but the visuals :o <3 I'll have to keep an eye for this more frequently from now on, I love Blade Runner

dammit Blair I was gonna make that my avy. Oh well, deleted Vader shot it is...