Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
seriously, How BR 2049 isnt nominated for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Adapted Screenplay (consider the adapted category is so weak this year) is beyond me. Sure it's ignored because of BO flop and not getting much buzz but if we're talking about pure quality, it desperately deserves much more for me. I can even go further and say that Denis Villeneuve deserves Best Director.

Rutger Hauer seems unimpressed/uninterested in 2049.
Have you seen Blade Runner 2049?

I sniff and scratch at it. It looks great but I struggle to see why that film was necessary. I just think if something is so beautiful, you should just leave it alone and make another film. Don't lean with one elbow on the success that was earned over 30 years in the underground. In many ways, Blade Runner wasn't about the replicants, it was about what does it mean to be human? It's like E.T. But I'm not certain what the question was in the second Blade Runner. It's not a character-driven movie and there's no humor, there's no love, there's no soul. You can see the homage to the original. But that's not enough to me. I knew that wasn't going to work. But I think it's not important what I think.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... ls-1085827

Am I the only one who thought this sounded a tad... bitter? He already had a predetermined opinion and nothing was ever going to change that.

It's not a character driven film? There's no love and soul in this..?

Rutger has lost his mind like tears in the rain.

Well, he watched a different film to me.

Rohan wrote:
February 20th, 2018, 5:43 pm
Either that, or same as you, he just has difficulty hiding his bias about stuff.£

HorrorBiz wrote:
February 20th, 2018, 5:17 pm

I sniff and scratch at it. It looks great but I struggle to see why that film was necessary. I just think if something is so beautiful, you should just leave it alone and make another film. Don't lean with one elbow on the success that was earned over 30 years in the underground. In many ways, Blade Runner wasn't about the replicants, it was about what does it mean to be human? It's like E.T. But I'm not certain what the question was in the second Blade Runner. It's not a character-driven movie and there's no humor, there's no love, there's no soul. You can see the homage to the original. But that's not enough to me. I knew that wasn't going to work. But I think it's not important what I think.
He's 100% right.

atilasantos wrote:
February 20th, 2018, 9:00 pm
HorrorBiz wrote:

He's 100% right.
Yeah, it's no Justice League

Bacon wrote:
February 20th, 2018, 9:29 pm
atilasantos wrote:
February 20th, 2018, 9:00 pm
HorrorBiz wrote:

He's 100% right.
Yeah, it's no Justice League
Blade Runner is a masterpiece and that's all we need. The new one is okay, but pretty unnecessary. That plot was so "we don't really know what to do, so let's stretch the original movie a little bit and make a lot of money". It didn't work that well, I guess.

Btw, your jokes are so predictable.

Master Virgo wrote:
February 20th, 2018, 6:13 pm
Rohan wrote:
February 20th, 2018, 5:43 pm
Either that, or same as you, he just has difficulty hiding his bias about stuff.£
:lol:

So many holes I can shoot through the ways you think of how much of a perfect thing that mind of yours you think is.