Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cannot wait to see the world of BR through Deakins' eyes.

I'm seeing a lot of people on some boards saying that this movie better have the immense depth of the original.

I'm confused as BR wasn't that deep. So I'm not sure what they're talking about. If anything, BR is one of the easier sci-fis to grasp. What makes it unique and fantastic is the execution. What you study in film-school is it's execution and not it's depth lol.

It's my favorite movie of all time and I consider it the best sci-fi ever made but come onnn... depth is not one of it's strengths. And they're talking about the narrative depth yes. There's depth in execution and world-building. That's it.

RIFA wrote:I'm seeing a lot of people on some boards saying that this movie better have the immense depth of the original.

I'm confused as BR wasn't that deep. So I'm not sure what they're talking about. If anything, BR is one of the easier sci-fis to grasp. What makes it unique and fantastic is the execution. What you study in film-school is it's execution and not it's depth lol.

It's my favorite movie of all time and I consider it the best sci-fi ever made but come onnn... depth is not one of it's strengths. And they're talking about the narrative depth yes. There's depth in execution and world-building. That's it.

It is bummer if Gosling doesn't play a Nexus 6. I start thinking we will get a bunch of ordinary replicants with Batista at the head as the killing machine on steroids...

Asanty wrote:It is bummer if Gosling doesn't play a Nexus 6. I start thinking we will get a bunch of ordinary replicants with Batista at the head as the killing machine on steroids...
Leto for sure.

shauner111 wrote:
Asanty wrote:It is bummer if Gosling doesn't play a Nexus 6. I start thinking we will get a bunch of ordinary replicants with Batista at the head as the killing machine on steroids...
Leto for sure.
I have a feeling he plays some high ranker in Tyrell corp.

that was sorta whatever

visuals look pretty great though

-Vader

I love you Deakins