NBC's Community

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Cilogy wrote:Yeah so ... pretty intriguing episode tonight. I love the cliffhanger into the next episode, I feel like it's some sort of movie reference.

3 new episodes next week! :tooexcited:
Actually, the back-to-back-to-back season finale is the week after next.

Nelson wrote:
Cilogy wrote:Yeah so ... pretty intriguing episode tonight. I love the cliffhanger into the next episode, I feel like it's some sort of movie reference.

3 new episodes next week! :tooexcited:
Actually, the back-to-back-to-back season finale is the week after next.
Ah yes, correction.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

NBC gave 30 Rock, Community and and Parks and Rec a better home than any of the other networks would have. The fact that 30 Rock will go 7 seasons is mind boggling. These shows could only survive for so long on their respective fanbases and critical acclaim. NBC has shown they have faith in these shows, but that only goes so far.

I hate to see them go, but I can't blame NBC for ending them. Most networks wouldn't have given these shows sendoff seasons. They would have been cancelled 10 episodes in, if that.

So it'll get a proper send-off, then? :thumbup:

SilverHeart wrote:So it'll get a proper send-off, then? :thumbup:
According to the article posted by Cilogy, NBC hasn't said this is the final season, whereas they specified that this upcoming season of 30 Rock will be.

Nelson wrote:NBC gave 30 Rock, Community and and Parks and Rec a better home than any of the other networks would have. The fact that 30 Rock will go 7 seasons is mind boggling. These shows could only survive for so long on their respective fanbases and critical acclaim. NBC has shown they have faith in these shows, but that only goes so far.

I hate to see them go, but I can't blame NBC for ending them. Most networks wouldn't have given these shows sendoff seasons. They would have been cancelled 10 episodes in, if that.
Community is probably their most well received comedy right now and they aren't giving the show what it needs, that's typical NBC foot-shooting to me.

Honestly, its time for The Office and 30 Rock to exit the building, especially The Office.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:
Nelson wrote:NBC gave 30 Rock, Community and and Parks and Rec a better home than any of the other networks would have. The fact that 30 Rock will go 7 seasons is mind boggling. These shows could only survive for so long on their respective fanbases and critical acclaim. NBC has shown they have faith in these shows, but that only goes so far.

Community is probably their most well received comedy right now and they aren't giving the show what it needs, that's typical NBC foot-shooting to me.
Nah, they've promoted the hell out of it. At least as much as they do most of their comedies, anyway. They didn't go out of their way to screw it like FOX did Arrested Development or Firefly or TNT did Men of a Certain Age.

Yeah, TNT just shoved Men of a Certain Age in a small corner and hoped people would forget it. And don't get me started on Fox. It's like they go out of their way to fuck up things that might actually make them popular.

SilverHeart wrote:Yeah, TNT just shoved Men of a Certain Age in a small corner and hoped people would forget it. And don't get me started on Fox. It's like they go out of their way to fuck up things that might actually make them popular.
FOX is the most popular of the networks. They just don't hold onto the cult hits because they don't have to.