NBC's Community

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Yeah, but didn't they cancel Family Guy twice or something?

Granted, Family Guy started sucking later on, but at the time they did that it was still funny.

SilverHeart wrote:Yeah, but didn't they cancel Family Guy twice or something?

Granted, Family Guy started sucking later on, but at the time they did that it was still funny.
Family Guy wasn't a runaway hit until they revived it a second time.

So would it be safe in saying that last night's episode was, dare I say it, Nolanesque?
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:So would it be safe in saying that last night's episode was, dare I say it, Nolanesque?
A bit. I think it was borrowing from a more broad trope than just Nolan, obviously, but Nolan resides in the trope they were riffing on.

Nelson wrote:
Cilogy wrote:So would it be safe in saying that last night's episode was, dare I say it, Nolanesque?
A bit. I think it was borrowing from a more broad trope than just Nolan, obviously, but Nolan resides in the trope they were riffing on.
Yeah of course.

An hour and a half of Community next week is something to look forward to. :twothumbsup:

Cilogy wrote:
Nelson wrote:
Yeah of course.

An hour and a half of Community next week is something to look forward to. :twothumbsup:
Most definitely.

Does any Community fan like the pilot episode? Caus I hated it, one of the worst pilots ever. :thumbdown:

schrutey69 wrote:Does any Community fan like the pilot episode? Caus I hated it, one of the worst pilots ever. :thumbdown:
Set up the show and its characters nicely. All you can ask of a pilot.

schrutey69 wrote:Does any Community fan like the pilot episode? Caus I hated it, one of the worst pilots ever. :thumbdown:
I actually watched the pilot when it debuted a few years ago and really wasn't impressed, but then my best friend got me going on the show during season 2 and I am now a highly devoted and loving fan, I mean, personally there is absolutely no comedy series as smart and excellent as Community.
During the mid-season break this year, me and my friend pulled off a 2 days marathon of selected episodes from seasons 1 and 2, and watching the pilot again, being familiar with all the inside jokes and all the little things that make Community the beauty it is, actually made me notice how great it was, as it set up all the relationships, the recurring jokes and many important aspects of the show for the time to come in a pitch perfect way.

Its a lot more cinematic than the rest of the show, most pilots are. I think what's important is that it set up the premise of the show. Everything after that has been hilarious.