NBC's Community

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
The premise of the show is about a lawyer played by Joel Mchale who is shamed into attending community college after it’s discovered he never earned a proper degree, tries to impress a hottie do-gooder by hanging out with a bunch of losers. The basic premise is limited but Community is a seamlessly inventive show.

The series heavily uses meta-humor and pop culture references, often parodying film and television clichés and tropes. It is perhaps the most versatile show on television with its ability to embrace parody, drama, meta commentary, slapstick, and sentiment. The characters are all familiar archetypes but in the hands of a fantastic ensemble cast and writing staff, these parts add up to a ridiculously entertaining show.

To all the fans on this forum what are your favourite episodes?
Mine are: Modern Warfare, Epidemiology 206, Cooperative Calligraphy, Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, Abed’s Uncontrollable Christmas, Paradigms of Human Memory, Fistfull of Paintballs, For a Few Paintballs More.

This is simply the most hilarious show on television. The writing is so clever and witty, and the cast is just absolutely perfect. There isn't one thing I dislike about the show.

IMO, Donald Glover and Danny Pudi are the best cast members, in conjunction they just steal the show. My favorite episode is definitely Comparative Religion, probably the wittiest episode in the series.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Yeah Comparitive Religion was great episode. The scene where they teach Jeff how to fight was fantastic.

Also Donald Glover crying is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

wow, I just thought about Community reading the topic about fav TV shows...
Yes, it's awesome. And the coolest thing for me is their 'parodying film and television clichés and tropes', as snape said. I haven't seen any TV show with that self-irony.
Favorite episodes are mostly from 2nd season, but I love Modern Warfare too. The best episode is Conspiracy Theories and Interior Design :modesty: Also two final episodes of 2nd season are brilliant.

EDIT:
snape wrote: Also Donald Glover crying is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
oh yeah :lol: and my favorite one is..

Definitely the best sitcom on TV... the paintball episodes are my favorite, but honestly I love each episode as much as the next.

"My whole brain is crying" :lol:
That's my favourite Troy moment as well. Troy meeting Levar Burton was also AMAZING.

Crazy Eight wrote:Definitely the best sitcom on TV... the paintball episodes are my favorite, but honestly I love each episode as much as the next.
+1

I loved Abed's jesus movie episode, that shit was too funny
Why you lurking my page brah?

"Just pretend like you're asleep." :lol:

jr724 wrote:
"Just pretend like you're asleep." :lol:
omg, I was laughing so hard at the first time, and I just can't stop doing that right now :lol: This moment is awesome :lol:

This show is streets ahead.