NBC's Community

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
So what did anyone think of the new episode a while ago?

I thought I'd give it a 7-ish.

It was less than fulfilling, but I'm glad it's back. I liked how the main point of the episode was that things are different now, implying the nature of the change since Dan Harmon was fired, it was a good way to sort of calm the nerves of fans, but it also wasn't as funny an episode as previous ones.

Next week's episode is written by Megan Ganz who is the best writer on the show IMO. I think this premiere was sort of a black sheep, I'm confident it will get better.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

I was very wary since I read a lot of bad things on the premiere episode and another one (the fourth one I think, the two that were sent to reviewers), and it got totally hammered on NeoGAF.

I have to say I really like it, and I think that if people didnt know that Harmon left, there would be much less negativity about this. I saw the latest trailer for the season and it feels off, yet the premiere episode, aside from the very beginning with the laugh track, felt right to me, I didnt feel like there was something really off or weird, just glad to be back with all of them.

Hunger Deans is a good idea, I like Abed TV, it feels right for Abed's character. As it was said, there are some slight changes in the way it's shot, there are more close-ups than before, but otherwise, it doesnt feel that much different. The ending with Chang is really funny as well.

Looking forward to the rest of the episodes !

Jax_Teller wrote:I have to say I really like it, and I think that if people didnt know that Harmon left, there would be much less negativity about this.
That's definitely true, it's a shame the new showrunners are getting hate already.

If you guys are interested, there's a livestream of the first CommuniCon

http://tinychat.com/catherineviolinist

We just met Dan Harmon, Yvette Nicole Brown, and Gillian Jacobs.

Harmon is speaking next. :tooexcited: :tooexcited: :tooexcited:

I'm sorry, I'm fanboying so hard right now.

Wow, I thought tonight's episode was one of the best of the entire series.

Cilogy wrote:Wow, I thought tonight's episode was one of the best of the entire series.
I hope thats not sarcasm. Downloading now.

This was renewed, hip hip hooray!

It's a damn shame the way they ended Pierce's story was so half-assed which was totally unavoidable given the behind the scenes circumstances.

Crazy Eight wrote:This was renewed, hip hip hooray!
Cool and unexpected :o