NBC's Community

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

This series is pure gold! Like American version of ''Spaced''! Love it.

This was posted on TV.com a few days ago:
Dear NBC,

Thank you so much for putting Community on hiatus. Your commitment to remaining in fourth place as a network is inspiring. People everywhere should see your model of inadequacy as an example that they truly can be the (fourth) best that they can be. Obviously, I understand the business model—Community is simply too good of a show to be on your network and you need to move it in order to make room for such wonderful programming as The Playboy Club, The Cape, Prime Suspect, Outsourced, Whitney, and the 10pm Jay Leno Show. I have henceforth decided to stop watching all NBC programming, for two reasons: Firstly, I am obviously not a sophisticated enough viewer to understand the fine and complicated plot lines in such terrific shows such as The Marriage Ref and Fear Factor. Secondly, I do not want to invest in any more of your programs, because as soon as I get hooked onto a new and incredibly "ahead of its time" show, you will undoubtedly cancel it, thereby making my day that much better. Parks and Recreation is maybe one of the finest shows on television, as well as 30 Rock, The Sing-Off, Chuck, Up All Night, and Grimm. I have no doubt they will all be gone in one or two years, tops. Perhaps instead of trying to relive the glory days of Seinfeld and Friends, you should observe how other networks are evolving, succeeding, and perhaps take a lesson from them. This would suggest that you are capable of learning from your mistakes, but the last six years of failing miserably at life would be assuming to the point of foolishness.

Thank you again for providing a model that we can all aspire to reach: mediocracy.

P.S. Good job with Conan as well. I'm sure there won't ever be a book published discussing how big of a screw-up that was.
:lol:

:lol:

Since a month or 2, they are broadcasting this in Holland too.
I did not watch this from the beginning, because I thought that it would be quite lame, based on the commercials that I saw for it.

I misjudged. The show is pretty cool! :)
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

The Beetlejuice video is so great. :-D
Reminded me of this one.

Best new show of my life currently. References, jokes, casting... Everything is just too damn perfect! I'm either laughing with tears or simply smiling with joy, it's that good. :clap:

Love It

Just got Netflix this weekend and started watching season 1 for the first time. Hooooooooly shit :lol: :lol: :lol: