Silver Linings Playbook (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
This movie looks like a good rom-com with a dramatic undertone...

However, Cooper is not that impressive since he's in his usual form. As for Jennifer Lawrence... damn... she only looks good when she has makeup on. As for the acting... same case with Cooper.

looks very banal and uninteresting. Strange from O'Russell

mchekhov wrote:Just saw a test trailer for this

In short, people are gonna be disappointed that David orussell made this film. The tone of it is very familiar it's a dramatic romantic comedy that is trying to figure into the Oscar race... It's very light and comedic. Aside from the story events informing you that Bradley cooper has some kind of disorder there is no apparent sign of it. Bradley Cooper is playing the same characteristics as his other roles. Him and Jennifer Lawrence share laughs about the types of medication they are. All the familiarities of a rom com

as i was saying

I have a feeling this trailer is misrepresenting the tone of the film.

Man after watching the trailer a few days ago and letting it sink in I'm really pumped. After reading the book and envisioning all the actors as their characters I could not be happier as far as what the trailer showed. However the book is more of an emotional saga of a man trying to get his life back together, I feel as though the trailer displayed it as some sort of romcom.
Why you lurking my page brah?

Just finished the book. While it's not the best thing I've ever read I still very much enjoyed it. It was a very quick, heartwarming and entertaining read that feels very...IDK..."present"...if that makes any sense.

Bradley Cooper and Jen Lawrence and excellent choices for the main characters. I think this is going to be a nice little gem.

Looking foward to seeing DeNiro and Bradley together because I know how much Bradley looks up him.

GothamGirl wrote:Just finished the book. While it's not the best thing I've ever read I still very much enjoyed it. It was a very quick, heartwarming and entertaining read that feels very...IDK..."present"...if that makes any sense.

Bradley Cooper and Jen Lawrence and excellent choices for the main characters. I think this is going to be a nice little gem.

Looking foward to seeing DeNiro and Bradley together because I know how much Bradley looks up him.
glad to hear you liked it :thumbup:

what are your thoughts about the casting of Chris Tucker as Danny?
Why you lurking my page brah?

I just read the script. :twothumbsup:

I won't be surprised if Bradley Cooper is nominated.

"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."