Silver Linings Playbook (2012)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
MiracleSleeper2 wrote:I was watching part of this the other day, and I plan to continue today. Personally I love this film, I think it's excellent imo. I love how it takes such a serious subject (manic depression) and is able to lighten it with very tasteful humor without turning it into an actual comedy film. Definitely one of my favorites from 2012.
Yeah. This and Django are my favorites from last year.

Dodd wrote:Remember how much better this film was in comparison vs ZD30. I certainly do :wave:
Re-checking this thread and this...just no

I'm conflicted with me now because of this movie.

theseeker9175 wrote:
Dodd wrote:Remember how much better this film was in comparison vs ZD30. I certainly do :wave:

:lol: what the heck lol.

Why would I say something like this :facepalm: Those 2 movies are kinda incomparable. I accept the L :oops:

edit: Remembering back I think part of the reason I said this is because around this time last year everyone was hyping this movie big time because of Jessica and stuff and everyone was dismissing Cooper for the best actor nom. After SLP started to really heat up I was pumped and wanted to rub it in a bit :lol: :P

Dodd wrote:
theseeker9175 wrote:

:lol: what the heck lol.

Why would I say something like this :facepalm: Those 2 movies are kinda incomparable. I accept the L :oops:
Eh, it depends. If you want to have fun, you can watch SLP, but if you want to appreciate something, then watch ZDT.
It's really difficult to me to see someone saying that SLP is better than ZDT in terms of artistic quality, but if you prefer to see SLP in any day, I can understand it, if that makes sense.

:mastervirgo:

Hmmm, even in artistic quality I'm not sure if I could put ZDT ahead of SLP. I'm probably in the minority here, but outside of Chastain's performance I was pretty underwhelemed by ZDT. Everything was well done but it just felt like less than the sum of it's parts.