I Hope that the Superhero Genre Dies after TDKR.

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
They've been releasing more and more and I think this genre will become like their comic book counter parts. Get so convoluted and crazy that you don't know which series is which. D:

I wholeheartedly disagree with the OP, along with millions of other people on this planet.

If you don't like superhero movies, don't go see them!

I hated Watchman, V for Vendetta, and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, BTW. But we all have our taste in movies.

That doesn't mean I like all superhero movies. I hated Thor. I think the Spiderman reboot is a mistake. And I really don't understand why they did two Hulk origin movies within a few years of each other.
Last edited by darkest_knight on August 5th, 2011, 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

After seeing the Catwoman images... I hope it dies before TDKR. :facepalm:

Rukia wrote:After seeing the Catwoman images... I hope it dies before TDKR. :facepalm:

Rukia wrote:After seeing the Catwoman images... I hope it dies before TDKR. :facepalm:
Aren't we over-reacting just a little bit here?

EnzoTheBaker wrote:
Aren't we over-reacting just a little bit here?
Yeah... Just a little bit ;)

yeah...I really hoped it died back when this pic was released :roll: ...

SantomTheWhite wrote:yeah...I really hoped it died back when this pic was released :roll: ...
Look at that crap! The Dark Knight's going to be the worst Batman movie ever! :lol:

To me, the superhero genre is in a lot like the western (yes, I consider it a genre, even though it is technically action/sci-fi/fantasy, just as the western technically can fall under action): familiar plot lines, characters, settings, but with unique execution.The next year or so is a pivotal moment for this genre, because it will have to prove it can survive beyond these similarities. Films like Thor and Captain America are already doing this (WWII setting, Norse mythology, etc.), its just a matter of whether anyone else follow suit.

They should make a The Darkness movie.