I Hope that the Superhero Genre Dies after TDKR.

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
superhero films are going down the same path as romantic comedies did. So they need to die so the genre can be saved.

steveportee wrote:
Crazy Eight wrote:I know I'm in the minority... but I love Superman Returns.
Get out.

I haven't seen it.
Well, I suggest you not to...

Except if you're part of the minority as well :P

cooldued wrote:superhero films are going down the same path as romantic comedies did. So they need to die so the genre can be saved.
When were romantic comedies saved?

Robbman wrote:
cooldued wrote:superhero films are going down the same path as romantic comedies did. So they need to die so the genre can be saved.
When were romantic comedies saved?
there weren't but not they just hit rock bottom.

i thought superman returns was good too. not great, but it was better then thor or captain america. i liked captain america though. but its so blatantly just setting up for the avengers, i mean there was a lot of good things in cap america that they could have milked more, but no, he has to get in the little teaser for avengers.

in many ways the genre is just being born, or at least having its first or second birthday. way to early to just die.

:clap:

I'm part of that Minority as well (although, I only enjoyed the film, I didn't love it). I bet a lot of you guys are already planning my death now.

indiefilmconnor wrote:
Beetles wrote:personally, I'm excited for the new Spiderman. So no, I don't want the genre to die, but they can definitely make less of them
The Amazing Spiderman looks good, minus the scene in the trailer where its Spiderman's POV. With the exception of that scene I am lookin forward to that movie.
what looks good about it? nothing stands out to me in the trailer. its looks very similar to the original spiderman. and yea the pov scene was obnoxious.

sapporostar wrote:i thought superman returns was good too. not great, but it was better then thor or captain america. i liked captain america though. but its so blatantly just setting up for the avengers, i mean there was a lot of good things in cap america that they could have milked more, but no, he has to get in the little teaser for avengers.
Yeah, SR had a compelling story, the problem with it, fundamentally, was that it relied too heavily on previous movies, and despite a few scenes, never really gave us the kick ass action we have hoped to see out of a modern Superman on screen. I liked it, but it was flawed. It never seemed to strike a balance. I have it on DVD.. if this new blu-ray is better than the previous version, I'll get it on there. As a Superman movie, it deserved better, but it's not unwatchable.

BlairCo wrote:
I'm part of that Minority as well (although, I only enjoyed the film, I didn't love it). I bet a lot of you guys are already planning my death now.
No, I admit that I "enjoyed" it too, it was... entertaining... But the story is just incredibly poor.

Gmoney: After watching The Amazing Spiderman's trailer I have to agree with you, it looks very close to the original Spiderman for me as well. So I'll wait before seeing it before commenting it more. (I like the other one though ;) )